Pregnant after IF
Options

would you do this or not???? 5 week u/s

i have a friend who is a sonographer and she offered to see me tomorrow which will be 5 weeks 2 days just to give me a head count. she offered because dh has been gone for 6 months and i am going to pick him up on thursday to bring him home and we thought it would be a cool surprise for him to show him how many are in there!

should i do it? i am worried that if she doesnt see a sac or anything that i will be freaking out. there should be something there right?

thoughts??

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
3 failed femara iui cycles-
moving on to IVF oct 2011
ER nov. 7th
tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
lots of +hpt!!
beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
another miscarriage 12/23
moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
ET 4/28 3 transfered
Beta #1- 356
Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: would you do this or not???? 5 week u/s

• Options

I would not.  The stress of the following week would be horrible for me.  When I saw for the first time after 6 weeks, it was nice to be able to see the heartbeat. 

If you want to see though for a head count and know that what you see may change.  Go for it!  

If you are going to freak yourself out if she does not see anything, don't do it!  If you are a worrier, like I am, wait.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options

As hard as it is to wait and as excited as I was to know how many...I would wait. I had ultrasound yesterday (5w5d) and even though I KNOW it is too early to see a heartbeat..it broke my heart that I didn't see one! I worried all night. I think it's best to wait after the 6w mark.

:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't.  I would wait to go to the first u/s together since he has been gone so long and missed so much of the process.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually opted out of the 5w u/s my clinic offered and will instead be going at 6w2d for the first u/s. The stress of not seeing a heartbeat yet and also maybe not a yolk sac and then having to wait another full week sort of freaked me out. It's totally a personal choice, though, and I can definitely understand why you might want the early scan!
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    I wouldn't just for the potential stress it might cause if you don't see anything I had my first ultrasound at 6w and saw a heartbeat then, but most REs seem to wait until 7w to be safe. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No, at five weeks all I saw was a grain of rice. Maybe it is something you can do with your dh once he is home.
  • Options

I would.  Because I NEED to see what's going on in there...

Prepare yourself for the fact that there will NOT be a heartbeat... and all you'll see is a dot.  I saw my dot yesterday and it made me feel 10000x better.

If you get this one, when will the real u/s be?

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Our RE has our first one scheduled for Thursday, which is I think 5 wk4d. We're doing it because our RE said to, and also, I've been spotting, which is scaring the crap out of me. I don't think I could wait another week.
    ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

my u/s with my RE is next wednesday. i totally know there wont be a heartbeat and i am fine with that. this was just so when i see dh tomorrow i can show him whats going on in there. just a fun thing to see if both or just one stuck!

i still dont know what to do, i am so torn cuz i am such a worrier but feel like if i see something then maybe i can feel better...

TTC since 2005
    ER nov. 7th
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

• Options
    I feel silly answering this, because really, what do I know?  lol.  I wouldn't go in for a 5 week u/s.  My 6 week is today and I feel like that's even a couple days early.  Don't set yourself up for worry that will be totally unnecessary!  Just hang in there.  
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options
    imagewille2b:

my u/s with my RE is next wednesday. i totally know there wont be a heartbeat and i am fine with that. this was just so when i see dh tomorrow i can show him whats going on in there. just a fun thing to see if both or just one stuck!

i still dont know what to do, i am so torn cuz i am such a worrier but feel like if i see something then maybe i can feel better...

It sounds like you are prepared as far as not seeing much etc.  I would caution you on the whole head count thing.  I had 2 sacs at my 6w u/s (one with a fetal pole, one without) which of course was still early. I measured 5w4d at that one.

By 8w u/s we realized the 2nd sac was empty.  So especially this early on, there is a possibility you will still see both sacs. 

On the other hand, I know what it's like to have your H away for so long, and maybe this is something that would help him feel included and re-adjust to all the changes.  It sounds like you guys are pretty level headed, so I would say go for it.

TTC with Endo-DX-10 yrs ago
    IUI#1-April 2010- Clomid 100mg, Ovidrel and timed intercourse= BFN
    IUI #2- Cancelled due to cysts
    IUI #3- June 2010- Clomid, Ovidrel and timed intercourse= BFN
    Break due to DH deployment
    Lap #7 Dec 2010- this time my Colon was adhered to my abdominal wall
    Since the start of our journey, new issues along with original Endo, 3 MFI unexplained, Cervical Stenosis, AMH .08, Low AFC, 2 blocked tubes
    IVF #1 - ET 09/18-Transferred 2 Embryos
    Beta #1 09/29-23 Beta #2 10/01- 52 Beta #3 10/05-342!! Lil Cub born 5/20
  • Options

I wouldn't.  This time is going pretty quickly for me and I know I'd worry more if I didn't see h/b (or two h/b). My first ultrasound is 6w4d and I'm still worried that's too early.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options
    i chose not to do it.. to risky for me and i dont want to worry for a week! thanks ladies

TTC since 2005
    ER nov. 7th
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

• Options
    If you will be ok with not seeing anything then I would say it is ok.  Based on your beta on 11/23 I'm not sure you'll see anything yet.  Most of the time you need to be at least up to 1500 to see an empty sac.
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    I would suggest waiting.  Even though it seemed like a long wait, I was so happy that my 1st u/s we could hear the heartbeat - otherwise I would've worried like crazy about it.
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
  • Options

I totally would, but I'm a crazy control freak with pregnancy paranoia :)

I had my first at 5w1d and saw a gestational sac and yolk sac.  We went today at 6w3d at saw that we're having identical twins ------ my point being that a 5 week ultrasound may or may not show what's really going on in there.

MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"