Upstate NY Babies
Options

Too old for Robeez?

I was a big fan of Robeez until R wore real shoes. Now I am thinking of getting him a new pair to wear like slippers.

When I got him new socks I got the ones without grips since Stride Rite doesn't recommend them ( reasons made sense). Now he is slipping on our floors. I don't care for him to wear shoes in the house, they are too hard especially when he plays with the girls. He has a pair of slippers but they are big and bulky, he won't leave them on.

They do make Robeez in his size. Should I get a pair or just buy new socks with grips?

Re: Too old for Robeez?

• Options
    I don't know.  Both of my kids wear socks with grips on them because we have hardwoods and they run like maniacs after each other.  That said, we did get DS Robeez last year to wear as slippers.  He wore them a little, but for him they were more confining than socks so it was kind of a waste.  He constantly took them off.  It depends on how much your LO likes to have shoes/socks/slippers on their feet. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    No advice but just curious why stride rite doesn't rec grippy socks? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHuzzy:
    No advice but just curious why stride rite doesn't rec grippy socks? 

They told me no grippy socks too.  It was because as they enter their foot in the shoe, the grippies pull back and kinda make the toes curl up and not have room to spread out.  So as they walk, their foot is not spreading or something like it should.  Plus, imagine how a pebble or something feels in your shoe always walking around on little chunks.

We don't use grippy socks either anymore, but I have her wear shoes a lot in the house.  When I don't, sometimes she slips and sometimes she doesn't.  But then I think - I don't slip all around with socks on, so maybe it is just something she has to learn? 

What if you just used a few pairs of grippy socks in the house only and not with shoes?  Or those slipper socks instead of actual slippers.  If the robeez are just for around the house, I don't think it matters if he is too old for them you know?  But they are kinda pricey for that.  My cousin's kid had these on at Thanksgiving - https://www.amazon.com/Non-Skid-Rubber-Socks-18-24-months/dp/B004G9XC1K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1322621186&sr=8-4 and I have seen them at Bjs or Sams for like $10, but I don't know how comfortable they are.  Her kid is still a pretty early walker, so I'm not sure if they would work ok or not for kids our age.

• Options
    i would think they'd be great for the house.. I personally wouldn't spend the money, but I don't think he's too old at all.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

We had those sock things when he was little, I couldn't get past the horrible rubber tire smell! lol

I do have some slipper socks from the Totes outlet for his stocking, thanks for the reminder! haha Maybe I should just get them out.

Thanks for the input, if I see some Robeez on sale I will snag them but otherwise I will see if he likes those socks I have!

• Options
    I's be curious to see how it goes. Evan does not like wearing anything on this feet in the house (just like his Mom).
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"