May 2011 Moms
Options

How about them sippy cups?

How are your LOs doing with sippy cups?  DD just wants to chew on hers.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How about them sippy cups?

• Options
    Mine doesn't get it at all.   He holds it up to his mouth but only to chew on the sippy part.  To him it just seems like another toy.   But then again, he's not good at sucking on things.  Bottles and pacifiers are just chew toys for him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took the valve out so it will just flow without sucking if it happens to get upside down. He occasionally manages to drink a bit, and likes to play with it. I just give it to him when he's thrown all his food on the floor and I'm not done eating my supper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took the valve out.  He can hold it and drink from it but he can't tip it well enough yet.  I only give him about 2 oz so it is light enough to hold but then it needs to be tipped further back which he needs help with.  If it is fuller it is too heavy to hold and get to his mouth easily.  I'm going to look for a smaller sippy and see if that helps.  He also drinks well from a cup, although he does get wet.  I let him practice from a small plastic cup when I know I'm going to have to change him anyways. He was cupfed as a newborn so maybe that helped?  He has an ounce or two of water after every solids meal.  He loves, loves water!  (His milk feeds are still increasing too with his recent growth spurt so I'm not concerned that he's taking water instead of milk.)  
  • Options
    We took the valve out of DD's too, per the pedi's suggestion.  I suppose she'll get used to it in time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have TT bottles, and they have sippy cups that can turn into bottles. We have been giving her the bottle with the handles to get her to understand that she can lift it up to drink. 
  • Options
    She chews on it and makes a face when water comes out. I just offer it when she gets purees.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I was really suprised that DS didnt mind going to the sippy cup. I have the Avent bottles so I bought the handles and the sippy top just to try it out and see how he took it. He isnt able to hold the bottle by himself yet but he drinks from it like a champ. It took him a minute to figure out how to close his mouth around it and he is a little more messy but I almost think he drinks from it better than the nipples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"