Northern California Babies

Has anyone used Kids Park near Valley Fair or Oakridge?

I remember a post about this place months ago, and the reviews were mixed, but I feel like it was all perception and I don't remember if anyone here had actually used them.  It's the only place I've been able to find for drop in camp/childcare for my kids next week.

Thanks!  :-)

Re: Has anyone used Kids Park near Valley Fair or Oakridge?

• I feel nobody has responded!  I've driven by the Kids Park at Valley Fair a bunch of times and it looks just like a Gymboree.  I have never seen kids inside (maybe because i'm there at night or weekends?).  It looks nice but I've never been inside or known someone who used it.
  • I haven't used them personally but I remember several ladies in my local Mom's club used them for drop-off/parents night out purposes.  They seemed very happy with the place.  They used the one at Valley Fair.  
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for responding!  :-)  I just got back from the one at Valley Fair.  It looked nice enough.  There were about 6 kids in the back doing a cooking class, making apple turnovers.  The guy said they rotate all the kids through to make sure everyone has a chance.  Couple of art tables set up, a play kitchen, a Duplo Lego table, a little area in the back where kids were watching TV.  He said the TV is off during pre-school hours (9-11:30) and they limit the time that it's on.  Basically, lots of different activity stations in a large open room so kids can roam around and do whatever they want.  Kind of reminded me of our gym's childcare area.

My boys will be there on Monday and Tuesday if anyone wants to send their kids to play!  Price is right - $11.50/hr for 2 kids ($7.50/hr for 1 kid) with an all day max of $69/day for both kids ($45/day for 1 kid) and they can stay for 10 hours a day.  Snacks provided, or you can pay for lunch from Subway for $3.75 (sandwich, milk, and fruit).

Anyway, hopefully they will enjoy their time there next week!  They both go to pre-school and are pretty flexible about getting dropped off at classes, gym childcare, camps, etc. so I think they'll be fine, and it's especially easy to drop them off when they are dropped off together so they always have a buddy there.

• One other thing.  While I was there, a mom was picking up her kid (looked like he was maybe 6 or 7), and the guy told her there was an incident - another child had bit her kid.  The other child was sent home, and is on restriction and can only stay for an hour next time.  Kind of interesting, and somewhat harsh as I know biters aren't sent home from pre-school, but I guess it's different in a flexible, drop off environment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"