March 2011 Moms

Communication Milestones?

My LO recently started clapping on command. So when I say "clap" he claps. But what is even more awesome is that his sitter has been speaking to him in Spanish only, and when you say "applauso" he also claps. Although he doesn't point yet, when I ask him where the dog is, he will look all around the room until he spots the dog. I am so proud of him. It is so exciting to see them develop!

What kind of communication milestones (pointing, clapping, waving, etc.) is your LO doing?

Re: Communication Milestones?

• That's brilliant! E claps when you say "yay!" and also makes a "yeaaa" sound everytime she claps. She waves (not on command, yet, but waves). Gives high fives. Signs for bottle and all finished. She snuggles too. If I say, "Can I have snuggles?" She burrows her head into my neck and says "awwww." Um.

No pointing yet. But DH swears she said "bye bye" to him the other day and I think he is crazytown.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My little one responds to "Can I have hugs" and he'll hug me.

He'll also take my phone and hold it up to his ears...in between the times when it's not in his mouth.

He's started to give me kisses too...drooly open mouth kisses.:)

• Loading the player...
  • imageAshC311:

I'm so jealous of both of you that your babies clap!  C looks at me like I'm nuts when I clap and yell "yayyy".

She's starting waving hi, although it's a little awkward stiff wave right now.  My H and mom swear she said kitty the other day but I think they're nuts.  However, when you said where's the kitty, she'll look all over and when she sees her she makes the hard k sound.  Basically just the ki part of kitty.  She says mama sometimes and at first I didn't think she was calling me, but it's pretty obvious now.  She just started doing dada, so hopefully soon so H won't be jealous.

And she doesn't really point but she looks at whatever item she wants if she can't get it herself.  Or she just army crawls right over to it.

Well, your baby sounds like a go-getter! My baby can't crawl. She does scoot backwards on her belly, gets stuck under the couch and then gets pissed off. It's hilarious. 

• Gosh, guess we are lazy here. Just da da da da da da. No waving or clapping.

Hmmmm 

• No clapping here either.  Although if you clap in front of him he'll grab your hands and try and make you clap (he likes the noise).  He is saying dada, but he doesn't know what it means.  No waving either.  Sometimes he'll grab for your hand if you ask for a high five.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"