Illinois Babies
Options

Looking to move to North Plainfield or Orland Park.

We are looking to move to either north Plainfield or to Orland Park.  Can anyone recommend what schools I should be looking out for or what subdivision they would recommend? I really want to be closer to civilization since I am 45 minutes to get to anything right now and we would like a bigger home.

I am originally from the Palos area but my husband works in Naperville.  We are looking for a 4 bedroom home and since everything is so low now we might buy.  I really only know that district 230 is good for hs in Orland, but I'm not sure about Plainfield at all. 

If there is a really great grade school/Jr High/HS distict I should pick that is a HUGE factor for me.  I really want good schools.  I have heard to stay away from Oswego hs?  I feel like I really don't have anyone in either of these locations to guide me, so any guidance would help.  I've tried looking on a few sites that grade the schools but the info seems so arbitrary that I thought real people might have a better outlook.

Thanks again!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking to move to North Plainfield or Orland Park.

• Options

We live in Plainfield and our children will do to Plainfield North.  There are 4 HS in Plainfield: North, South, East, Central.  East has a lot of Bolingbrook schools feeding into it.  South has (I believe) Shorewood feeding into it.  North has Naperville feeding into it.  My DH grew up in Plainfield so we are partial to the area.  The school district would be considered Plainfield 202 in case you want to do some research. 

PM me if you want to learn about some of the areas around Plainfield in terms of buying a house! A lot of subdivisions now have elementary schools built in them (ours does).

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrambo3:

We live in Plainfield and our children will do to Plainfield North.  There are 4 HS in Plainfield: North, South, East, Central.  East has a lot of Bolingbrook schools feeding into it.  South has (I believe) Shorewood feeding into it.  North has Naperville feeding into it.  My DH grew up in Plainfield so we are partial to the area.  The school district would be considered Plainfield 202 in case you want to do some research. 

PM me if you want to learn about some of the areas around Plainfield in terms of buying a house! A lot of subdivisions now have elementary schools built in them (ours does).

Thank you so much I PM'd you :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, District 202 is the way to go. My husband and I are looking in Naperville and North Plainfield and it's the only district in Plainfield we're considering because of their schools and the mix of students they have. My husband grew up in Plainfield so he has some strong feelings about certain neighboring suburbs. We found some really beautiful homes in North Plainfield last weekend - some real steals! Happy hunting!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options

imageMargauxGreen:
    I agree, District 202 is the way to go. My husband and I are looking in Naperville and North Plainfield and it's the only district in Plainfield we're considering because of their schools and the mix of students they have. My husband grew up in Plainfield so he has some strong feelings about certain neighboring suburbs. We found some really beautiful homes in North Plainfield last weekend - some real steals! Happy hunting!

Thanks so much!  I will stick to district 202 then :)

• Options

I'm right in the middle of both of those areas. We bought about 14 months ago. We stayed further east than Plainfield. Not sure where you are right now. We aren't far from Orland and really like the area. The elementary district in Orland Park is 135. Its a great district. Orland has not been hit by the economy as much as Plainfield has been (lots of foreclosures).

Feel free to PM me for more info. 

• Options
    I use to work for Plainfield District 202....very good district.  The whole area is nice to live.  Houses and townhouses available.  Surrounded by Shorewood, Naperville, etc.  Safe area to live.  I lived in Shorewood for 3 years.  Plainfield is a family community.  So many kids that Plainfield had to open 23 schools!  You will find a lot of growing families!!  Highly recommended!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"