June 2011 Moms
Options

My MIL is sooo rude sometimes.

I feel like my MIL takes 1 step forward and 5 steps back with her interactions with me. She has been bugging DH and I about our LO's Christmas list because she wants to know what we would like her to get us. Well finally I told DH to send his mom an e-mail yesterday, after they had just left from visiting us this weekend. He sent her an e-mail telling her that we would like her to buy us a shopping cart cover that can be used for shopping carts, high chairs and other things and depending on her budget for our LO's christmas list that she could just get us a gift card for other things that we might need. We attached a link to the website for her. Well MIL apparently thought that we meant that we wanted the seat cover and a high chair as well as other things. She e-mails back and says that the link we sent was just for the seat cover and that if we want a high chair it will have to come out of our Christmas list. Then she adds, "I'm sure the one she wants will be expensive", and to send her the link so she could look at it.

The whole e-mail was just really short and sounded very rude, especially compared to the e-mail we sent her because we thanked them for coming down and told her how we had a good time and she said nothing about that. Also her jab about me wanting an expensive high chair really pisses me off. I know this might seem like an overreaction and if this was the first time she made a comment like this it probably would be an overreaction but if any of you have read my other post about my MIL she is constantly trying to undermine me as a mother and make jabs at me because I like different things than she does as a mother and pretty much in general.

It's funny because DH trashed the e-mail after he wrote her back because he didn't want me to see how rude she was, since he knows that I don't particularly care for his mother. He wrote her back before I got the chance to and told her that the car seat cover works for shopping carts and highchairs. (Trying to make it seem like there was just some confusion in the e-mail).

Anyway I know this is long it just bothers me because first of all we weren't asking her for a high chair, she just didn't care to read the e-mail correctly and I don't think that there is anything wrong with wanting something that is expensive, not for the sake of being expensive, but in my experience so far I've found that if I want something that is reliable and that serves different functions it will usually be more expensive.  Plus we've told her plenty of times that my dad is going to be buying us the high chair.

Re: My MIL is sooo rude sometimes.

• Options
    I totally get where you're coming from. What a B! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My MIL is horrible and manipulative also. I feel ya!

For that reason, I try really hard not to text or email anything except a picture of LO or something equally upbeat. I am sick of her twisting my words in her favor, so I let DH do the "real" talking, and I just send lighthearted updates every now and then so that she thinks our relationship is tolerable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh... MILs. Sometimes I have a great one, and sometimes she's a PITA.
    forum
  • Options

"I'm sure the one she wants will be expensive"

OMG we have the same MIL.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"