Trying to Get Pregnant

AF is making me nauseous

Seriously...what is it with her this month.  I feel like I want to vomit constantly!  Anyone every have this?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: AF is making me nauseous

• I would vomit on CD 1 every single month (and usually miss school because of it).  That's why I went on BCPs.  It only happened to me a few months after I stopped 2 years ago. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CD1 was terrible for me, I'd stay home from school usually because I was so crampy and nauseated. Taking Naproxen helped the cramps and eventually the nausea went away as well. 
    I would vomit on CD 1 every single month (and usually miss school because of it).  That's why I went on BCPs.  It only happened to me a few months after I stopped 2 years ago. 

It is such a horrible feeling to want to vomit and have horrible cramps at the same time.  I don't know how you did it.

• All. the. time. Usually I get nauseous around ovulation and then a week before AF and during. It's a treat when I am not.

I am so sorry. I hope it lets up for you. Mint tea is suppose to help, worth a try. 

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • I had horrible nausea, vomitting, and very painful cramps as a teen. I would always miss school :( I agree that peppermint tea is great for nausea. I hope you feel better!
    Anniversary *TTC since 09/11 *Me-29 (low AMH) *DH-35 (moderately low sperm count) *First RE appointment 09/12 *IUI #1 with injectables 12/12 image
  • Thanks everyone!  This is the first time I have experienced this.  I have always had horrible cramps, but never nauseous.  I will have to get some peppermint tea.

• The increased progesterone in the 2WW gives me really bad heartburn, which in turn makes me feel nauseated. Something about the progesterone relaxing the GI system, including the esophagus, allowing acid to creep up.

It is horrible at times.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imageKdgTeacher:
    I would vomit on CD 1 every single month (and usually miss school because of it).  That's why I went on BCPs.  It only happened to me a few months after I stopped 2 years ago. 

Was it from really bad cramps, or did you just have nausea? I remember my sister used to vomit from bad cramps.

Glad you were finally able to get off your pills!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • I've been having nausea for the past 3 days.  I'm thinking it's a combination of PMS and going off the birth control pill.  I just stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • imagekellyrn9956:

The increased progesterone in the 2WW gives me really bad heartburn, which in turn makes me feel nauseated. Something about the progesterone relaxing the GI system, including the esophagus, allowing acid to creep up.

It is horrible at times.

This for me too! I had no idea why, though, and this is the first cycle ever that it's happened to me. Yuck.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrscoffman091011:
    I had horrible nausea, vomitting, and very painful cramps as a teen. I would always miss school :( I agree that peppermint tea is great for nausea. I hope you feel better!

This was me. My Dr. put me on BCPs because of it and it got so much better. Although for the last 11 years that I was on them, the first pill in that pack always made me nausiated and generally feel terrible.

• imagemrscoffman091011:
    I had horrible nausea, vomitting, and very painful cramps as a teen. I would always miss school :( I agree that peppermint tea is great for nausea. I hope you feel better!

That was me exactly.  I would take four tylenol or ibuprofen and just lay on the bathroom floor as still as I possibly could until it kicked in. 

On a positive note, I think that having horrible cramps really prepared me for labor since I had learned so many coping skills for them as a pre-teen and teen.

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"