Multiples
Options

When 1 is sick....

When one of you LO's is sick do you take measures to keep the other one from getting it?  DD2 is sick with a runny nose but as I was feeding them their yogurt today I wondered if they should not be sharing a spoon?  This also applies to the water sippers they roam with during the day.

I feel a little lost in this arena since this is our first cold! 

So fellow MoM's what is your philosophy on this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When 1 is sick....

• Options
    I don't with colds. They share toys, spoons, etc., and colds are contagious before they show symptoms, so I usually figure they've been exposed to each other already. If it were something more serious I might though. When DS1 had a stomach bug, I changed my clothes after all barfing and washed my hands pretty obsessively. In the same house, though, there's only so much I feel like I can do.
  • Options
    Nope, its too hard.  If one shows symptoms, the other one usually gets sick within 24 hours anyways.  Just get it done and over with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's very difficult, especially with a cold. My ds has one now and I know dd is gonna get it. I also worked in child care for years and know that it's almost impossible to sanatize everything. Don't make urself nuts over it. If it was something more serious than a cold then I would worry more. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I tried for about 10 minutes with the first cold. Way too tough. Would have to disinfect all of the toys and sippies and keep the boys in separate rooms. Would never work.
  • Options

imagegekeler6:
    Nope, its too hard.  If one shows symptoms, the other one usually gets sick within 24 hours anyways.  Just get it done and over with.

This exactly.  First off you're already contagious even before you start having symptoms (so IMO it would be done in vein anyway).  Second, I'll get the bad mom of the year award, but I'd rather them hurry and share the germs and the sickness be over in a few days instead of dragging on and on and on.

• Options

imagemissfire:
    I don't with colds. They share toys, spoons, etc., and colds are contagious before they show symptoms, so I usually figure they've been exposed to each other already. If it were something more serious I might though. When DS1 had a stomach bug, I changed my clothes after all barfing and washed my hands pretty obsessively. In the same house, though, there's only so much I feel like I can do.

This. Colds I can deal with, but stomach bugs are so unpleasant that I will do everything I can to keep the other from catching it. It worked for the last stomach bug and we managed to keep DS healthy.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemissfire:

Me too!  Fortunately, we haven't had anything too horrible run around the house (yet).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"