Multiples
Options

Vacation while preggo w/twins

Ok I have a question.. Every year my husband takes his farmers on a trip to show apprication for the previous yr. Well in Feb. We are taking them to St.Kitts which is down in the carribean. My question is now that I'm preggo with twins will my dr. Still let me go? I will be 25 weeks when we go!? I know it just depends on how i feel or how im doing! Just curious how you others where at 25 wks!Thanks

Re: Vacation while preggo w/twins

• Options

I'm not there yet, but in the reading I've done so far, I think most would be opposed to that. 

let us know what the doc says tho. 

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Options

We were supposed to go to Aruba when I was 22 weeks, and my OB and MFM both would not let me go.  They said that things could begin to happen at that point with twins, and being in the Caribbean with no NICU facilities, they were not okay with it.  It isn't worth it-especially at 25 weeks when if something went wrong and you were in the US the babies could make it with the proper medical care, but if you were in St. Kitts they may not make it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After my experience being pregnant with twins, I would not go. I wound up in PTL at 22w1d, and was in the hospital for about 7 weeks. Then I was on full bedrest at home until I delivered at 36w0d. I was warned by my OB that she would not want me more than an hour's drive away after 20 weeks.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I made a quick flight from Denver to Minneapolis at 26 weeks due to a family emergency. I'm glad I went for that reason, but I won't lie- the trip and traveling SUCKED. I would not have been able to make a longer flight, and would not have done it for a pleasure vacation. Not only was flying uncomfortable, but I was terrified of going into labor while there and being stuck with babies in the NICU. Had I not been going somewhere with a high level NICU, and not for the reason I went, my OB never would have cleared me to fly.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doc said I wouldn't be good to travel much further than 22 weeks, when we're planning to visit some family in Denver.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went away with DH for 3 days when I was about 28 weeks. It was a 4 hr drive each way, and I did fine. We even did a decent amount of walking each day.  I did my homework though, I knew  what hospital I would go to, where it was, how to get there, and had the names of MFMs on call that weekend, took an abbreviated version of my records. Luckily it went very well with no issues.  I'm not sure I'd plan to travel that required airline tix (we could cancel last minute with no financial repercussions), let alone essentially out of the country.  

On a nosy note....what does your H do?   My dad is farm equipment salesman, so I was just curious if your H did something similar. 

• Options
    Not twins but I was also told no travel after 20 weeks. I wanted to fly to CA before 20 weeks and only reason Dr said ok was cause there was huge hospitals in area if things went wrong. I would not plan on going if I was you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ya the more people are talking I'm guessing we aren't going.. His farmers had to go without us before cause we didn't go when we had DS#2 cause he would have been 5 wks.. I never thought of being uncomfortable during the flight.. I'll more than likely not go don't want to risk the babes.. Jettagurl he is a district Sales Manger for Channel seed..
  • Options
    My OB told me not to plan on any travel after 24 wks, and unfortunately I ended up on bed rest four wks before that. Assuming you have to make plans well in advance, I would pass. If you did plan to go, you'd need to be prepared for having to cancel and/or complications/delivering abroad.
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"