Food Allergy
Options

Good News, Bad News

We got the results back from DS#3's RAST.  

Good News - peanut, pistachio, cashew, egg white and brazil nut all went down.

Bad News - milk, hazelnut, almond, walnut, pecan and pine nut all went up.

$#*& Milk number!  I was soooo hoping it would go down so we could food challenge for baked milk.  Not gonna happen - a least not yet.  But the doctor does want to challenge for baked egg and peanut which is good.

Frustrating News - the wait for a food challenge appointment is nine to twelve months.  BIG BOO!  That's what I get for seeking out a leading expert in the field - long wait times.  I had to wait six months to get the consult.  But then DH pointed out that our local allergist won't be challenging DS at all so I need to be patient.  Not one of my best qualities.  =/

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

Re: Good News, Bad News

• Options
    A YEAR for a food challenge appt?  That is outrageous!  I'm sorry :(
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    Yay for the good news!  Ugh about the bad news.  And that is SUCH a long time for a food trial.  Hang in there!  In a year, the allergies could even change a lot!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's a lot to take in for you! stinks about this milk..

at what point do they allow you to challenge it?  We were given the ok to challenge soy at home b/c his levels were really low.

I can't believe how long it takes to get an appointment to challenge it.  I would call every week to see if there are any cancellations.  Or maybe it's better that way.  Maybe his egg/peanut will go down even more.

good luck! 

• Options
    This doctor said he would challenge for baked milk if he'd never had a reaction to baked products (I don't think he has - we found about his allergy early enough that baked good were not in his diet) and his RAST numbers were going down (no specific number).  DS's number went up so no dice. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"