Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn boy wetting through diapers onto clothes every time.

My 6 day old is soaking through his clothes almost every time he pees.  Not sure if it is the diaper, or if Im not putting it on tight oenough or if he is just drinking too much...any advice?  He goes through like 5 outfit changes a day. 
Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Newborn boy wetting through diapers onto clothes every time.

• What kind of diapers are you using?  We had the same problem with our little boy when we were using Pampers Sensitive diapers (my friend did too).  We switched to Pampers Swaddlers and Dry Max and it doesn't happen anymore.

GL! 

• Are you making sure you fold the "ruffles" out on the sides?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure when you close the diaper his weewee is pointed down.  That solved it for me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you making sure his penis is pointing down? That they're the right size? Doubling up on diapers at night works in a pinch.
  • Did you have him circ'd?  If you did are you still putting Vaseline on it?  If you are that can make the diapers not absorb the urine.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh gosh, the amount of peeing out of DS's diaper the first few weeks was ridiculous!  It gets better as they grow into the diapers better, but here's what worked for us (for the most part - he happened to pee of his diaper today at 7 weeks old)

DH swears by pointing his penis down before you secure the diaper, so we do it every time. 

We also found that he rarely peed out of the seventh generation free and clear diapers. Huggies and pampers both sucked.

My MIL suggested putting the diaper on him backwards, though we didnt try it though, due to his belly button stump.

Like most things, it gets better with time!  Good luck!

• We had issues with this when DS wore Huggies and Pampers Swaddlers worked much better. Once he was in size ones, the Huggies worked fine. Not sure what the deal was in the newborn size. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didnt even think of pointing his penis down.  Actually Ive been avoiding touching it at all since he was circumsized.  They said not to put any vaseline etc on it.  I will def try pointing it down and making sure the diaper is on correctly!
    Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
    Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
    2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
    Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Always point his penis down, should fix your problem

• We had the same exact issue and it turns out I wasn't pointing his weenie down and it was getting all over the place (mainly up his back or through the sides). After pointing it down we've had no more accidents. 
    IUI#1 - 05/20/08 = BFP! M/C - 14 weeks :( baby girl
    IUI#2 - 01/07/09 = BFP!!! Twins!! Pre-term labor 20 weeks :( lost twin girls
    IUI#3 - 1/31/10 = BFP!!!! M/C - 8wks :( again
    IVF #1 - 7/2010 = c/p
    FET - 9/2010 = another c/p
    IUI#4 - 2/14/11 = BFP!
  • Just have to laugh at this thought I had when reading these posts... it's amazing how much we moms learn about the penis when we have a baby boy!  :)
    Proud Mom to Baby Griffin!
  • imagejulieb00lie:
    Are you making sure you fold the "ruffles" out on the sides?

This, and make sure that the back of the diaper is not rolled down. I noticed after I would change him sometimes the back would roll down when I would pull his onesie back down then had the problem of it leaking up the back of the diaper.

• we had that problem as we used size N and going up a size worked. apparently he was big for the size even at 7 lbs.
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"