Natural Birth
Options

Information ?

So in some of the other posts I've seen people say stuff about being fully informed on all the options, positions for birthing, etc.

So far, I know that I want to go completely natural and that I can use different things for pain mgmt. I am planning on bringing my ipod/ipod dock, going in the shower as much as possible (they don't have a tub :( ), using the big exercise ball, and walking around and such.
What all do I need to be researching and what are some good sites? We don't really have to money to go out and buys books and such, I was hoping to get the info online.

Right now it seems a bit overwhelming lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Information ?

• Options
    My local library had several books on natural childbirth, including Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The others I borrowed from my Bradley instructor. I also really like this website: Birth Sense. The website a little funky to navigate but she is a midwife and has written some great posts.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options

Before I went into labor I did a lot of reading online about various forms of natural pain relief.  You won't know what will be helpful until you are actually in labor, so it's best to have a big bag of tricks at your disposal and then figure it out from there.  The things that helped me the most was being in the bath (I know you said they don't have a bath, but you could use this while you labor at home), swirling my hips on the exercise ball, my DH would use tennis balls to apply counter pressure to my lower back, and a warm rice sock which DH would sometimes roll up and down my back.

Here is a link to a site that looks helpful: https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/natural-pain-relief-for-labour

What I did was made a binder of different ideas/positions that might be helpful while I was in labor.  We never ended up using it, but I figured if I ever got to the point where I felt like I had tried everything and my DH didn't know what to do for me he would have a cheat sheet.  

I know you said that you are planning to use music, I would make a few different play lists.  I found I only wanted instrumental music and any kind of talking was distracting.  Which again you won't know what will be effective until you are actually in labor. 

Have you looked into maybe finding a student doula?  Maybe you could find one in your area who needs the experience and won't charge for her services.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't even know how I'd go about finding a student doula, but I will try. I didn't really think about that. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also if you have Netflix you can watch the Buisness of Being Born through the instant view!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"