Health & Exercise
Options

weight gain!!

im 27 weeks pregnant and my doctor is not happy with my weight gain i've gained about 24 lbs. since i found out i was pregnant. his goal for me was for me to gain 25 to 30 lbs. the whole pregnacy. i don't feel like im over eating im just going to try and walk more and eat a little more healthy.

Re: weight gain!!

• Options
    I really wouldn't worry about your weight- it has no bearing on the health of your child.  My doctor never weighed me for this very reason- she was more concerned about what I was eating.  However, I did weigh myself and I found for me, I gained @ 1 lb per week until I entered my third trimester- after I entered my third trimester I never gained anymore.  I think perhaps it was because I'm short and petite but it was like that for both pregnancies.  I gained 25lbs.  You might want to just write down what your eating and make sure you have a good diet.
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks pregnant and have gained 10lbs already.  Same as my last pregnancy even though I'm running twice a week now and am more aware of what I"m eating (I also started this pregnancy 15lbs under last pregnancy).  I asked my OB about this and he said that mother nature has a set point for how much weight you are going to gain, and while you can easily go over that, it is really hard to go under that.  He said not to be concerned unless I was camping out at McDonalds.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would actually suggest a diabetic diet.  You should ask your OB, of course, but it will help you keep from gaining anymore weight. And, Yes, it can be unhealthy for you and your baby. It increases your risk of gestational diabetes, shoulder dystocia and pre-eclampsia. I am an OB nurse and I see it everyday! It can also make you have a complicated labor and delivery.  Better to get your weight gain under control now! Good luck to you!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"