D.C. Area Babies
Options

What does/did your 18mo love?

My mom is asking me for gift ideas for Sprout for xmas.  Already.

I'm going to suggest some more books, some wooden blocks and clothes. However, this isn't going to satisfy her b/c nothing is "big" and she's already done a very, very generous contribution to his 529 plan.

Thoughts?  I think my husband & i are going to get him a balance bike & then little stuff in his stocking & call it a day.

Re: What does/did your 18mo love?

• Options
    tricycle, toy kitchen, train table, kid sized table and chairs, arts and crafts supplies (easel, etc.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think we're going to make DS a play kitchen for Christmas. I love the blog "Ikea Hacker" and there have been some great hacks for play kitchens. We're definitely breaking gender stereotypes this Christmas :)

(eta: I realize I didn't really answer your question at all but it triggered this thought after reading smacbs response :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If she wants to spend some money (and if you have room), Pottery Barn kids has some really nice kitchen sets. We don't have one but I really like them.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/search/results.html?words=kitchen+set&cm_sp=OnsiteSearch-_-GlobalNav-_-Button&type-ahead-viewset=ecom

We got DD this table and chairs sets which she really likes because it's at her level. The chairs are strong enough for DH and I to sit on with her. She uses it for coloring and playing. I like that there are a variety of wood colors so it sort of matches my decor. We got the Walnut color which I can't find on Amazon right now but there may be other sellers that have it. There's also a Cherry color.

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Farmhouse-Table-Chair-Set/dp/B000IYJU36

A tricycle like this is also nice. DD has one which we got at a garage sale but she really likes it.

https://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-Deluxe-Steer-Stroll%C2%AE/dp/B0009NX07S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318512741&sr=8-1

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD was 21 months last year at Christmas and she received an easel, kid sized table (these are great, we bought an inexpensive plastic one from Ikea), art supplies, wagon, kid sized grocery cart (huge hit), and a lot of imaginative play toys.  We already had a kitchen which she loves.  I think she also got some kid sized cleaning products (broom, rake, etc.) that she loves playing with as well.   
  • Options
    How about any kind of train anything, I am always shocked at the prices when I look at them for my nephew.  He has a really nice wooden track set for his thomas trains and my SIL they are money so his single generous uncle is the one who buys him all of it.  The girls played with it for hours on the floor and it put away nicely in a small bin so no big train table etc.
  • Options

At around that age, J was into Legos (well, Duplos), a play kitchen, trains/buses, a play grocery cart, and for the past few months he's really been getting a kick out of a little toy stroller.

Your suggestions sound good . . . that's all I ever want people to give us. Toys take up too much space!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

how about a backyard playground? You don't have to set it up til spring but can get it for xmas

• Options
    Our 18 mo son LOVES : jumbo legos (or anything stackable),  the wood kitchen set, and the Radio Flyer Scoot-about.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"