Upstate NY Babies
Options

Greek Yogurt

I actually tried it this morning. Love it! But why does it have to be so expensive? Geesh. I tried the Wegmans brand Honey. Sooo good. B ate half the container. She usually eats the Simply Yogurt tubes but she put that down and tried grabbing my spoon after one bite. Ha. Is the name brands any better?

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Greek Yogurt

• Options

I'm actually just finishing up a Wegmans strawberry one right now :)

My absolute fav is Fage w/ honey (the honey is on the side, so good), but it is like $2 for a small container. Sometimes I'll buy the big container of plain Fage & then mix in my own honey or jam, that is the cheapest way to do it. Sometimes I can get a coupon from their FB page. I haven't tried the big Wegmans container yet, I may this week though.

And I try to justify the cost by reminding myself that it takes 4x the amount of milk to make it & the amount of protein is great! 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    I really like Chobani and I just tried the Wegmans brand and though it was good too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I buy the big tub of Wegmans plain greek yogurt and stir in my own honey, berries and almonds.  That's my breakfast every morning!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I buy a lot of Chobani, love it! I just read how to make your own by straining regular yogurt through mesh strainer, making the consistency like Greek Yog- we might try this because my house eats a lot of yogurt.

Also- I've found Chobani to be cheaper at BJ's Wholesale, by.40-1.00 depending on what you buy. Every little bit helps! 

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a blueberry Wegmans Greek yogurt for breakfast this morning!  They don't have as many flavors as Chobani but I like the cost a little better.  Sometimes Wegmans has the Chobani on sale and I'll buy that.  I also buy the Chobani Champions for Stella, or sometimes the 2% containers.  She loves it!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    imagenorika33:

I buy a lot of Chobani, love it! I just read how to make your own by straining regular yogurt through mesh strainer, making the consistency like Greek Yog- we might try this because my house eats a lot of yogurt.

Also- I've found Chobani to be cheaper at BJ's Wholesale, by.40-1.00 depending on what you buy. Every little bit helps! 

Oh thanks. And I think I have coupons that I have to use up. We eat a lot of yogurt in our house too. I will have to try Chobani.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    I love Chobani!  I may have to try Wegmans too. Evan loves it as well :)
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only one who gags on Greek Yogurt? Blah, so gross! I can handle regular yogurt but not Greek....I have tried most brands mentioned here too!
  • Options

imageJune4bride2be:
    Am I the only one who gags on Greek Yogurt? Blah, so gross! I can handle regular yogurt but not Greek....I have tried most brands mentioned here too!

DH:) He took a bite and gagged. Said it was like eating butter!

. imageimage

• Options
    I cannot stand yogurt period. I wish I liked it, I know it is good for your but blech. That is why I am really trying to encourage DD, who likes it right now. When I was making myself smoothies this summer, I used the Wegmans plain greek yogurt, but there is so much other stuff in there it covers up most of the nasty yogurt taste haha.
    image        image
  • Options

I can't eat 'normal' yogurt unless its plain or vanilla flavor. all i taste is sugar sugar sugar!! i LOVE greek yogurt because it is truer to what yogurt should be not what american food makers think they need to turn it into in order for us to like it. I think it is more expensive because it's strained or something like that where there is a byproduct wasted. 

If you eat tons of yogurt, you can probably make your own at home for a lot cheaper. i think all you need is milk, yogurt to seed the process, a double boil pot setup and a thermometer. 

• Options

imageJune4bride2be:

Me too!  I actually gag with regular yogurt too, but started eating it once dd was born bc it was just so easy.  I can get let 3/4 of the way thru a single container of yoplait now before I feel like puking all over.

• Options

imageJune4bride2be:

I tried it and loved it-took it to work several times and all of a sudden one day it totally made me gag. Haven't bought it since! I eat regular yogurt a few times a week with no problem. I'm also like that with bananas for some reason!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"