Upstate NY Babies
Options

How long did you use your swing?

V hasn't sat in his swing for over a month and it makes me sad. Gah. I think it's time to pack it away. He is so into rolling, playing on his jungle mat and in his jumperoo that I don't think the swing would interest him anymore.

How long did your LO use their swing? Were you sad to put it away?

Re: How long did you use your swing?

• Options
    Eh, maybe a few months? No, I wasn't sad to put it away....it had a huge foot print and took up a lot of room! I did like that it plugged in, but R wasn't really a swing baby. He never really slept in it or anything.
  • Options
    I can count the number of times it was used on one hand.  She was too much of a busy body to stay in there very long. I'm hoping DD2 likes it, for my sanity!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

when he was younger not so much but the seat came out to be a toddler seat and he sat in that for a while...I actually just put it away a couple weeks ago hoping he would get over it and I can pull it out attached to the base for the baby...we'll see... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think for Eve we used it ALL the time for about 6 months. I don't think we put it away for good til about 8 months though. The swing is the only place Natalie will really nap so I have no plans of putting it away any time soon..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    We've used it as recently as a few weeks ago. Charlotte didn't actually like it until she got a little bigger, then I would stick her in there with a bottle and an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so I could get ready in the morning if she woke up early. 
    image        image
  • Options

1 year.  I wasn't sad - I was afraid haha.  We used it for every single nap that first year.  We were scared to stop a good thing.  But we were going on vacation and it seemed silly to bring for a 1 year old.  We never used it as entertainment, just for sleeping.

• Options
    Maybe 6mos or so at the most I'd say. I was sad to put it away just because it was a sign she wasn't a baby anymore.
  • Options
    OMG... Am I the only one? DD napped in the swing until almost 14 months?!?! Now that I look back at it I'm surprised she still enjoyed it. It used to be the only way we'd be able to get her to nap at home sometimes. Thankfully she got over that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHuzzy:
    OMG... Am I the only one? DD napped in the swing until almost 14 months?!?! Now that I look back at it I'm surprised she still enjoyed it. It used to be the only way we'd be able to get her to nap at home sometimes. Thankfully she got over that!

LOL, I'm glad to see another person!  See my reply from above.  We stopped at 12 months only bc we were headed to vacation. 

• Options
    I can't remember (apparently I've blocked out a lot of stuff) but I know it was gone by 6 months because our Christmas tree went in the corner where it was.  We went through phases with it when she really liked it, and others when she didn't.  I wasn't too upset when it went though because it opened up space again. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Neither boy liked it, so it got put away early with both.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Short of being held it was THE only place Stella would sleep (at all) until at least 10 months. I was so happy to give it up and put it away. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"