December 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else with a bad diet?

I had my glucose test the other day and my sugar was high and my iron was low...now I have to go for the 3 hour glucose test!  I'm pretty sure its b/c I have a horrible diet.  I eat little to no veggies and only fruit sometimes.  I hate cooking, so we usually eat or order out and i LOVE sweets....anyone else in the same boat?  Should I be worried about the baby?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone else with a bad diet?

• Options
    I do the same thing. Sometimes i'll cook, but my boyfriend's so picky that he doesn't like most of the stuff I do. We usually eat out or eat frozen foods. I just try not to eat so much. And when we eat out I try to eat the healthier choices. And I eat sweets alot too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should be able to eat what you want...that being said, if you are having some issues with GD or low iron I would recommend trying fruit and veggie smoothies.  I know it may sound gross but you would be surprised how well the fruit can mask the taste of things like spinach and carrots are actually really good in smoothies...there are a ton of recipes on the internet, it's a good way to get in some veggies without having to taste them.
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageGizettski:
    I had my glucose test the other day and my sugar was high and my iron was low...now I have to go for the 3 hour glucose test!  I'm pretty sure its b/c I have a horrible diet.  I eat little to no veggies and only fruit sometimes.  I hate cooking, so we usually eat or order out and i LOVE sweets....anyone else in the same boat?  Should I be worried about the baby?

Exact same boat. After I got my results (low iron, high blood sugar) I did a diet overhaul and now I am eating really well. This has kept me sane while I wait for my 3 hour test on Monday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yup me. I don't eat great normally and am no better during pregnnacy. I try but crave sweets and hate veggies. It's bad I know but I was the same way during my other two pregnancies and my babies were fine .. not on the large size at all and no GD issues.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    the diet thing has been a source of frustration and aggravation for me my entire pregnancy. I am a pretty healthy eater, on my own. But my BF and everyone else I have to share food with likes to eat utter crap. On top of that, we hardly have any money to splurge on fresh fruits and veggies and quality food so it's frozen pizzas and mac n cheese for the most part. I HATE IT. BF LOVES IT. I want to kill someone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"