Blended Families
Options

Can I Join You? (Intro/Background, with my fancy new AE)

**waves hi**

Hi, I am a pretty active bumper but I have only lurked on this page up to now because I didn't want to air out all my BF stuff with my more obvious screen name and profile - I guess I am over-cautious. But anyway, I really want to start posting on this board so I made this AE and I really hope you ladies will have me!

Background: newlywed, expecting our first, a girl. SD10 is so excited to have a sister on the way! SD's BM is a challenge. Since DH and I have gotten married, I've been making more of an effort to stay out of communications with her and let DH handle it. He does a good job of it and it's definitely saved me an ulcer or two. I just hate when I do accidentally intercept a message and have to see how rotton she is to him. 

SS20 (different BM) is rarely in our lives, usually is in some kind of legal trouble, travels from state to state hoping to be a rock star one day, and only calls when he wants money. We don't give him money; the rules are very clear: if he finds meaningful employment, or joins the military, or pursues a vocational program of some kind - basically does anything productive with his life, we will help him out. But not before.

Anyway, thanks for letting me say hi! You ladies are an awesome bunch :)

Re: Can I Join You? (Intro/Background, with my fancy new AE)

• Options
    imageLovesGrilledCheese:

**waves hi**

Hi, I am a pretty active bumper but I have only lurked on this page up to now because I didn't want to air out all my BF stuff with my more obvious screen name and profile - I guess I am over-cautious. But anyway, I really want to start posting on this board so I made this AE and I really hope you ladies will have me!

Background: newlywed, expecting our first, a girl. SD10 is so excited to have a sister on the way! SD's BM is a challenge. Since DH and I have gotten married, I've been making more of an effort to stay out of communications with her and let DH handle it. He does a good job of it and it's definitely saved me an ulcer or two. I just hate when I do accidentally intercept a message and have to see how rotton she is to him. 

SS20 (different BM) is rarely in our lives, usually is in some kind of legal trouble, travels from state to state hoping to be a rock star one day, and only calls when he wants money. We don't give him money; the rules are very clear: if he finds meaningful employment, or joins the military, or pursues a vocational program of some kind - basically does anything productive with his life, we will help him out. But not before.

Welcome!  OMG your SS sounds just like MY own son!  Same age and everything, except my son doesn't travel from state to state, but he does think he will be a rock star someday :)

• Options
    welcome =)
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome.

Like you I have a young DD and older step children SD21, and SS29.  SS is in trouble with the law frequently too and only calls when he needs or wants something. And he does not have any aspirations.  Right now I'd settle for rock star dreams.  Needless today, we have the same rules as you.

Glad to hear your SD is excited for DD.  Wish you well!

• Options
    Welcome! Your SN alone gets you free admission to the board ;-)
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Hi and welcome, our family has older children too.  20, 17 and 15 then our 6m old.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome. I have a 23yo SD, who has her life mostly in order, a 15yo SS who is just about there...mostly normal teenager stuff...and an almost 3yo.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome!  And, now I want grilled cheese.  I forsee this being a problem...
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    imagebebe11:
    imageLovesGrilledCheese:

**waves hi**

Welcome!  OMG your SS sounds just like MY own son!  Same age and everything, except my son doesn't travel from state to state, but he does think he will be a rock star someday :)

Haha I love it! It's nice that they have goals, but while they are waiting on their dreams to come true, would it be too much to ask them to get a job at the local movie theater??

Thank you for the welcome :)

• Options
    image+j+k+:

Welcome.

Like you I have a young DD and older step children SD21, and SS29.  SS is in trouble with the law frequently too and only calls when he needs or wants something. And he does not have any aspirations.  Right now I'd settle for rock star dreams.  Needless today, we have the same rules as you.

Glad to hear your SD is excited for DD.  Wish you well!

Thanks! It is so nice to hear from other people with older skids, especially the "always in trouble" kind. It's easy to think that once they turn 18 the challenges go away, when really it's just trading in old challenges for new ones.

• Options
    imageIlumine:
    Welcome. I have a 23yo SD, who has her life mostly in order, a 15yo SS who is just about there...mostly normal teenager stuff...and an almost 3yo.

Thanks! And I love the picture of your little one!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"