Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How much does/did your 9 month weigh?? **clicky**

We had DD's 9 month appt on Tues and she weighed in at 15lbs 2oz and the pedi acted like I am starving her! She asked me why she isn't eating more than the 25oz/day and more solids?!?

Besides putting a tube down DD's throat I feel like I and DD are doing our best. =(

[Poll]
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How much does/did your 9 month weigh?? **clicky**

• My kid is huge. She weighed 25lbs 7.5 oz.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • At our appt yesterday, DD weighed 23 pounds. She is also 29 inches. That makes her only 3 pounds less and 2 inches less than my friend's 2 year old.....  Every baby is different!! If your LO is a peanut and you are feeding solids and bottles, then maybe you just have a little LO. Don't let the pedi make you feel bad.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Is LO on formula or breast milk? BF babies dip down in weight at this point. My LO is in the 30% for both weight and height, but she eats a TON and nurses 5-6 times a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was some where around22-24 lbs, she stopped gaining so much now as she only weighs 26lbs right now.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Last time I took DS about 3 weeks ago, he was 18 lbs, 4 oz. He eats 24-27 oz of formula day in addition to solids.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My DD weighed 14 lb 14 oz at her 9 month visit. The pedi wasn't worried at all, she said that my DD is just petite. Try not to feel bad, I left our 3 month well visit in tears because the last pedi we saw (same practice) made me feel like shiit with her rude way of insinuating that I wasn't producing enough milk and that LO needed to have bottles with rice cereal in them on top of 3 "meals" of cereal a day. We won't be seeing that Dr again. Best wishes for you and your LO.
  • Just over 15 lbs. She is quite thin and tall but eats a lot. I've tried to put weight on her with certain foods but she's still skinny. I'm tired of those stupid growth charts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your baby is a preemie. Isn't it expected that they be smaller? They should go by her adjusted age.
  • I'm going through the same thing right now. The problem here is that she's only gained 4 oz since her 6 month appt. BUT she is a billion times more active now that she's really crawling, cruising, and a small amount of walking. Pedi wants me to start giving her whole milk cheese, oils, and butters. We are giving her more meats and cheeses but I feel like she wants me to give her crap just to put some fat on her. We are also still nursing, no bm bottles or formula.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Je*lastname*. Started a new account because I couldn't get my SN changed to something less personal.
  • She was 19.5 lbs at her 9 month check up today.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• DS was 21.4 lbs last week. HUGE difference from his 6 mo appt where she said he was almost underweight and that I should put friggin BUTTER in his veggies.
  • I only voted because you're a fellow preemie mom - normally I don't like to mess up the stats with my munchkin.

Are they talking about a feeding tube?

• imagehpfreak2011:

At our appt yesterday, DD weighed 23 pounds. She is also 29 inches. That makes her only 3 pounds less and 2 inches less than my friend's 2 year old.....  Every baby is different!! If your LO is a peanut and you are feeding solids and bottles, then maybe you just have a little LO. Don't let the pedi make you feel bad.

Ditto every kid is different. DD is 23.5 months and weighs 21.5 lbs, DS is 9.5 months and weighs 25 lbs. He's bigger than her and 14 months younger. DD is just little.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • DS was 17 lbs 9 oz. He is BF and extremely active but has remained on his curve even though he was almost 9 lbs at birth. 
  • They're only 8.5 months but weigh almost 20 pounds. They are also tall though, 30-31 inches. And have huge feet. Size 5. The same size as the 2 year old who was also being measured.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had DD's 9 month appointment on Thursday. She weighs 17 lbs 5 oz.
  • M was at the 25lbs mark when he was at his 6 month appointment, and my dr thought I was over feeding him. 
  • I posted about the same thing a few days ago!  I have a son and he had his 9 month check up on Tuesday and he was 15 lbs 6 oz.  Not on the growth curve at all!  My pedi said no more BFing during the day, only formula, and when I wrote about that everyone thought that was crazy.  DH and I, after all, are not tall or big people.  So I think it's mostly genes.  He doesn't look unhealthy.  So I modified the doctor's orders.  I still BF as I always have, but now after each feeding (except the very first morning feeding) I give a 3 oz bottle afterward.  That way, he's getting the 12 oz of formula that the doctor wanted, but it's throughout the day and doesn't replace BFing.  I'm also trying to give more calories in his solids- more cheese, whole milk yogurt, a little butter on his bread.  I hate giving him fattening foods- it's so much against my instinct, but I tell myself it's only until he gains enough weight.  I wouldn't worry too much about your DD.  Depending on what your pedi said, it might be good to get a few opinions from other doctors/moms. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sam just went for her 9 month appt. a week or so ago and she weighed 16 lbs. 9.oz's.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • At DD's 12 month appointment she was 16.5 lbs. She eats like a PIG and is just really active and burns everything off with a super metabolism. Pedi isn't worried. She's small, not starving.

• 26 lb, 8 oz

30.5"

he's in 24 mo sleepers.  2T sleepers fit in the torso, and are just a bit long in the leg.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were just at the doctor's on Thursday, and my LG is just 19 pounds. I could have sworn he was heavier. He's also 28.5". So pretty in the middle for both (my doctor said).

His head is 47.5cm though. Off the charts my doctor said. We (myself & his doc) were actually surprised because we thought it would go down not up after the surgery. So I just have to accept he has a big head. LOL

• DS isn't 9 months yet, but we're pretty close. He weighs close to 23 lbs now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• She was a premie!!! You're okay :D
    image image image
  • She was barely 16 lbs and was full term. She was nursing on demand and eating like a horse. Are you petite? Babies come in all different sizes. As long as she wasn't dropping on her own curve it's not something to worry with.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"