May 2011 Moms
Options

Teething necklaces

Maybe I missed a post that explained it, but how is it considered safe to wrap something around your baby's neck?

Pls explain (not being sarcastic at all).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teething necklaces

• Options
    well...it's meant to be worn when you are supervising your child.  Also, the beads are individually knotted, so if it were to break, only 1 little piece would come off.  The latch is also a safety latch that will break if pulled too hard.  it's just a personal decision i guess.

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Options

imageweddingcaketaster:
    well...it's meant to be worn when you are supervising your child.  Also, the beads are individually knotted, so if it were to break, only 1 little piece would come off.  The latch is also a safety latch that will break if pulled too hard.  it's just a personal decision i guess.

That would make me nervous. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I couldn't agree more. I hear of people letting LO nap wearing them. I have enough to worry about, not adding another choking hazard to the risk. And if you ask me I think it's ludacrous to think it has enough of the acid in it to absorb through LO skin and do anything. Call me skeptical, but people's testimony is not enough for me to buy into a product. I can only imagine if I did everything that another mom "swore worked for her baby"

I kinda feel like it is those power balance bracelets all over again... 

• Options
    imageSFBayMrs:

imageweddingcaketaster:

That would make me nervous. 

Agreed. I don't think the benefit outweighs the risk!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

At first I thought they gummed them and I was like, what?! Then I realized they just wear them and I was like, hahahahaha :)

I asked my pedi if she recommended them and she told me they were "voodoo", which made me about die laughing. She is older and immigrated from Eastern Europe. I haven't gotten desperate enough to try them on DD.

• Options
    imagenycdueinmay:

At first I thought they gummed them and I was like, what?! Then I realized they just wear them and I was like, hahahahaha :)

I asked my pedi if she recommended them and she told me they were "voodoo", which made me about die laughing. She is older and immigrated from Eastern Europe. I haven't gotten desperate enough to try them on DD.

Hold up. Wait -- they don't gum them? They just wear them?  I'm confused. Why are they called teething necklaces then?

• Options
    We double wrap ours around LO's ankle. He wears it 24/7.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageNeverEnoughTime:
    We double wrap ours around LO's ankle. He wears it 24/7.

Ok, I was so confused I just googled it. So, it's supposed to soak into your baby's skin and act as a pain reliever. Apparently.

Huh.

• Options
    I was extremely skeptical about these at first as well, but when I read more on one of the retailers websites, I found out that adults can wear them too for pain relief from migraines, which I have suffered from for over 5 years with no relief.  I bought one for myself before I bought one for DS and I can honestly say that in the 2 months that I've had it, I haven't had more than a low grade headache.  And from someone who used to get rather severe ones 3 times at week, to me these are a miracle product, voodoo or not.  I notice a huge improvement in DS's demeanor when he's wearing it and when he's not.  He NEVER sleeps with it on and he only wears it when he is being supervised.  I know they sound really hokey, but they really do work.
  • Options
    I noticed a huge difference in LO within hourss of putting it on him.
  • Options

They are tight fitting. They don't suck them at all, as stated above. I never once worried about my DS wearing his as it was taut to his neck. 

The amber actually releases through the skin.  Was that said above? I'm tired and not reading thoroughly. lol

• Options

I have a rubber teething ring on a necklace that I wear and DS chews on it while I hold him..... It's called Teething Bling. 

https://www.smartmomjewelry.com/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"