TTC After a Loss
Options

Target Brand HPTs

The fat lady has sung on this month as AF appeared this morning, but yesterday I POAS and got a faint positive on the Target brand Up and Up Early Response test, but a negative on a First Response test.  It was apparently residual HCG from the miscarriage, but I thought it interesting that the Target brand was more sensative.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: Target Brand HPTs

• Options

That is interesting...I have never tried the Target brand...I would assume they are cheaper though?  I may have to check those out! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I haven't tried those either, but as a warning, here is one review I found for those:

Target brand, up and up, pregnancy tests are defective! I had two of the three pack that I purchased not readable at all then come up as positive. The result came up very odd; not trusting them I took an Answer brand test which was negative. I decided to look up the tests online and found 27 heartbreaking reviews of false positives in just the last couple of months.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have used them before and i have had them not work at all, not even a control line show up. I wouldnt use them again
  • Options
    I don't like the Target brand tests. I don't think they are as reliable as others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well darn...thanks for the info ladies...I guess I'll just fork over the $$ and stick with FRER!
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I found all these reviews on those PG tests: https://www.viewpoints.com/Target-Early-Detection-Pregnancy-Test-reviews . There are a ton of people reporting false positives. Might be time to throw those out? Are they blue dye tests? I have heard that the blue dye tests are a lot more likely to cause a false positive.

• Options
    Yeesh, maybe they were false positives.  It was two seperate boxes of them, and they all gave me the same faint line.  Luckily I was pretty sure they were residual HCG positives and not new PG positives.  Otherwise that would have sucked.
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"