Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

constipation.....HELP

My 9 week old seems to be constipated she is FF she just tried going and couldnt release enough the little she did do was not her normal runny stuff it was more solid(not solid like an adult) What did you mothers do to help out??

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: constipation.....HELP

• Options
    My LO is only 3 wks old and the doctor told me to use Pediatric Glycerin Suppositories.  We planned on using it and then boom she went on her own.  It was good but now she is back to not going for a few days.  We switched to sensitive formula Similac and she also gets my breast milk in between which I pump out for her.  I hope this helps Good Luck.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tallen is ALWAYS constipated. The doctor had us use suppositories for 3 days (if needed), and he was on a prescription stool softener for a week. He now gets 1/2 oz prune juice in the morning and another 1/2 oz at night. Dr. said I could up the amount if I needed to. Seems to be working pretty good and it has NOT caused diarrhea. Apple, pear and white grape did not do anything, the prune juice was the key. He will likely keep this up until he is off the A/R formula he gets for reflux.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was on formula for spit up and of course its thick to prevent spit up but concrete coming out!  We swapped formulas and that worked.  But our Pedi recommended if it happened again to use dark Karo syrup 2 teaspoons in a bottle and if that didn't work feed 1 oz of some type of infant juice.  Hope that helps :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    thanks ladies!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"