Success after IF
Options

Connor Joseph is here!

We are on our way home now! We are having some BF issues so I asked nurse for some formula samples just in case because DH heads back to Afghanistan next Friday and I am already stressed about the thought of being a single mother to an infant and a toddler! The super awesome nurse gave us 150 of the ready to feed 2 oz bottles. Does anyone know if these can be put back in the fridge if he only eats an ounce?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Connor Joseph is here!

• Options

Congrats on your LO!

For formula - the same goes for the mixed formula as the ready feed. You can save it for an hour (I think can't remember the exact time frame- seems so long ago)  so that bacteria will not build.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    imagekrissyh21:

Congrats on your LO!

For formula - the same goes for the mixed formula as the ready feed. You can save it for an hour (I think can't remember the exact time frame- seems so long ago)  so that bacteria will not build.

Congrats and yes about what krissy said about the formula.  If you think he'll only take an ounce you can put 1 ounce in another bottle for him to drink and save the rest for 24 hours in the fridge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!  (((HUGS)))  I'm sorry that your DH has to leave so soon!
  • Options

I'm pretty sure it can be at room temp for 2 hours.  You're fine to put it back in the fridge and feed the rest later. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!  I think you can keep the formula in the fridge for about an hour.  Then it goes bad.  I would always keep it for 2 hours, then dump it if he didn't eat it. 

You could always put it in a different bottle 2 oz. at a time.  That way you won't waste any of it.   

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

Congrats! 

Once you open the ready to feed, it should be used within 24 hours (if you pour it in another bottle to feed).  BUT - if you put a nipple directly on it and baby drinks from it, they say you *shouldn't* save it in the fridge, b/c then bacteria can begin to grow.

I followed these strict rules when LO was very little - and got more lenient on it as he got older.  I'd be on the conservative side of this when he is so small - you don't want him dealing with any stomach issues this young.

Also, ((Hugs)) to you about DH leaving so soon.  You military families amaze me. Smile

• Options
    Congratulations!  Love the name. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, you will do great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    huge congrats
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congratulations on your new little man!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"