May 2011 Moms

If you did sleep training...

Does your LO still wake up randomly at night? We did sleep training about 3 weeks ago. It took him 7 days before he was STTN. Since then, he has good nights (STTN for 10-12 hours) and some nights where he wakes up for a couple mins and goes back to sleep. For example, he STTN on Monday night and Tuesday night, but last night he woke up at 4:15, cried/fussed for a couple mins, sucked his thumb and went back to sleep.

We did sleep training with my DD and I don't remember the random night wakings after she started STTN.

Re: If you did sleep training...

• Cece wakes between 4 and 5 and either fusses or talks for about 5 minutes and is back out.  I think it's Ferber's book that has a nifty chart that show the times and the cycles of sleep. It's typical for them to wake in the 4-5 range for a bit, and then resettle back into anther hour or 2 of deep sleep.  I find that chart so fascinating!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLisa Frank:
    Cece wakes between 4 and 5 and either fusses or talks for about 5 minutes and is back out.  I think it's Ferber's book that has a nifty chart that show the times and the cycles of sleep. It's typical for them to wake in the 4-5 range for a bit, and then resettle back into anther hour or 2 of deep sleep.  I find that chart so fascinating!!

Wow, good to know! I have the book so I will look for it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, we still have random night wakings ocassionally (lately 5am is common) but we just go upstairs, straighten her out (she often wiggles herself into a corner of her crib) give her a pacifier and she falls back to sleep.

More often than not she sleeps 7:30-6:30.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"