Parenting after 35
Options

What do you tell the kids?

New mom here on the way to to "two under two".  Although we still have a long time to go before our little ones really need to be told anything about the birds and the bees, I am wondering what other parents refer to when Mama and Daddy have intimate private time.  Certainly taking advantage of the moments when the kids are fast asleep will not be an issue, but I am curious about the innovative/creative terms anyone else has used or heard of for the heaven-forbid-possible time when there might be an "accidental interruption".  Junior might wonder what the heck is going on and before he is old enough, I cannot fathom coming out and just saying, "oh, it's okay baby, Daddy is just having his way with Mama."  Thanks so much!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you tell the kids?

• Options
    I pray it never happens but I have found that kids want their question answered and then they are done.  Don't over explain stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm on a roll with talking about my messed up childhood, but whatevs.

I would NOT do what my parents did which was tell me all about how it was an expression of love blah blah blah barf. 

I like what Vanverth said - keep it short and sweet and do you darndest not to get caught.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

"Mommy and Daddy are wrestling.  Go to your room."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

"Mommy and Daddy are wrestling.  Go to your room."

roflpmplmao....This has happened to us, and this is exactly what DH said. No further explainations needed, they didn't ask. L and T won't come near our room if the door is closed. L said that he doesn't want to know if his parents still do it.

We sat them down around 7 or so to start explaining things in basic terms, and then let them ask more questions. I think T asked last year what "humping" was, and DH just said it was another word for sex. We tell them only what they need to know, and that's it. They aren't usually looking for detail.

I should add that E and K know what a period is, but just that women bleed about once a month or so and it's not scary.

• Options
    Since Jace still sleeps with us, I am not sure what the birds or the bees are. Can someone enlighten me? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"