Philadelphia Babies
Options

Hahnemann vs Jefferson

I was curious if anyone had experience delivering at Hahnemann Hospital or Jefferson Hospital.  I am trying to decide between the two and need to figure it out soon.  Any advice is much appreciated!  Thank you.  

Re: Hahnemann vs Jefferson

• Options

I delivered both kids at Jefferson and love love love the practice, Women's Medical Specialties.  Dr. Wolf ended up delivering both my kids, but honestly I would have been happy with any of them, I really liked all the docs.  IMO it is the nurses that really determine your L&D experience and both times they were all great.  Unless there are problems the doc is only there when you are about to deliver

It is a teaching hospital so the parade of residents can get annoying.  The lactation consultants were SO helpful.  I never took a BFing class or anything but was able to BF both kids successfully

We have since moved out of the city but strongly considered staying with Jeff for the next time.  But we moved about 5 minutes from Lankenau, which is a great hospital.  So it seemed crazy to not go there.

GL!  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I delivered at Hahnemann. I had a great experience and all the Drs and medical staff were really nice and very helpfull. During the birth they listened to what I wanted which made me feel more relaxed and comfortable. I got a private room  which was a good size.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"