Upstate NY Babies
Options

anyone make cake pops?

I think they are so cute and would like to try them for my block party.  Has anyone tried making them?

Re: anyone make cake pops?

• Options

They definitely are cute - but a little time consuming. I used this tut: https://www.cakepops.org/how-to-make-cake-pops/

Another idea is to make those chocolate covered pretzel logs with sprinkles - those are super easy and fun and I guess a little healthier, haha..

• Options
    I haven't - but I"ve made chocolate dipped marshmallows.  You can decorate them too.. like different colors and sprinkles etc.  Not sure if you are a FB friend but I have some pics in my DD"s 4th bday album.  Everyone loved them, and they were really easy to make.  All I needed was marshmallows (2 per stick), meltable chocolate, and clear plastic bags.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes and they are a bear to make. Not for me!

Real cake pops mean you have bake the cake, then let it cool, crumble it and mix it with frosting, chill it, roll them into balls, dip and then decorate. It's a looooong process. They have a new thing on tv where you just put the cake batter in a mold and I'm sure they will taste good but I don't think they will stand up as well as how a "real" one is made. I don't think they would be as tasty either...hahaha. I like all the extra frosting mixed in. Yum!

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One of the bumpies/nesties' SIL made them for the "Sprinkle" that they threw me and they were so, so yummy and really cute.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsoc:
    One of the bumpies/nesties' SIL made them for the "Sprinkle" that they threw me and they were so, so yummy and really cute.  

what?!?!  where was i?  i totally missed those!  i tried making them once and like sept. said it was a bear!  i probably wouldnt do them again unless i found some serious motivation! 

• Options
    imagemeryltheresa:

imagemrsoc:

what?!?!  where was i?  i totally missed those!  i tried making them once and like sept. said it was a bear!  i probably wouldnt do them again unless i found some serious motivation! 

How did you miss them??  They were super cute bears, like a Tiffany Blue...and beyond yummy!  E's SIL makes some great cake stuff!

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here's a pic.. this was a practice one.. so easy (choc covered marshmallows).  I was going to do it with stripes of drizzled pink & yellow chocolate on top ("spongebob theme colors") but I didn't have time.  Got a lot of great feedback, people loved them.  It was quick to make them.

• Options
    There is always the Oreo Truffle option. OMG amazing. And very easy.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsRichardson915:
    There is always the Oreo Truffle option. OMG amazing. And very easy.

ooooh yeah these. yum!  My SIL makes them out of the mint Oreo's too. And I tried to make those cake pops. I was so frustrated by it. I bought the kit and they still didn't come out right. I just don't have the patience for those I guess.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    I've spent hours on fondant cakes before, no problem- cake pops... I quit. Everytime I tried to dip one it crumbled or fell off the stick or broke. They are a definite pain.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:
    I've spent hours on fondant cakes before, no problem- cake pops... I quit. Everytime I tried to dip one it crumbled or fell off the stick or broke. They are a definite pain.

Same problem I had...even with the original method of making them. I'm assuming the new cake pop pan kind will be even more delicate and hard to dip because it's all just cake with nothing making it more firm. I love them but they are too darn hard.

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"