LGBT Parenting
Options

Cranky Mess TIMES 2

We are trying to do Babywise any one have any experience.

We increased the feeding they girls do well  but they are supposed to stay up for 30 min after feeding and well they just cant so we keep them up and then when we put them down they wail and fuss and wail and fuss - The baby wise is feed time awake time sleep time ..  but they want FEED SLEEP TIME feed Sleep ...

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: Cranky Mess TIMES 2

• Options
    IMO babies know what they want and need...if one were to ask me, when they are that young...listen to them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

imagenevr2amazin:
    IMO babies know what they want and need...if one were to ask me, when they are that young...listen to them.

This exactly. 

If the babes are miserable with it, and you are miserable with it, then its probably just not right for you and your fam. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i agree to an extent but how do we know if it is misery or if it is just a transition phase and I am terrified that I will have kids that are older and dont sleep through the night ???

Maybe thinking too much about it but it has helped LILKA sleep better at night and no 2 am surprises? Just makes for a CRANKY CRANKY DAY 

I also have issues with the swaddling  LOVE and so do they but when swaddled they can not self sooth ... its a conundrum

_ J

• Options
    imagethemommymonster:

People who's kids sleep through the night at 2 months old are exceptionally lucky.

Things will happen (teething, grow spurts) that can cause regression even as they get older.

Take your cues from them.

ditto, ditto, ditto. 

Now is not the time to focus on "when they are older".  they've only been in this world 2 months - the only thing (IMO) you need to be worried about now is building their trust and attachment.  they are too young for habits.   

• Options
    imagectbride08:

Now is not the time to focus on "when they are older".  they've only been in this world 2 months - the only thing (IMO) you need to be worried about now is building their trust and attachment.  they are too young for habits.   

Seconded... google "fourth trimester". 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options

yes we do the 4th trimester

the only reason we went with babywise is because they were alrady on the same schedule already - the only thing we change was added a feeding ... They were sleeping a lil too much during the day and i feel it was affecting LILKAS sleeping at night time .... 

Melanie goes back to work Monday so we will both be working from home so we were just hoping to have some sort of schedule .. and we have it ... we arenot forcing them to be on this ... for instance the last 3 days have been so off which is why they have been cranky messes....

I am in no way wanting to rush them I am very sad that tomorrow they will be 11 weeks old .... but happy  THEY GROW TOO damn fast !

• Options

I wouldn't say we followed any particular philosophy - but our kids were on a 3hr feeding schedule from the time they come home till they started spacing out on their own (weren't finished bottles, not interested in eating, sleeping longer stretches.)

In the next month or two, you will start seeing sleeping patterns emerge - naps at the same time everyday (though the kids may not nap at the same time - they will nap in the AM, PM, evening.) You can work to get them on the same sleep schedule gradually, but honestly, there is nothing you can do to force it. They are way too early to sleep train.

And as the mom of twins who did the same thing for both kids, I ended up with one great sleeper and one crummy one. So, sometimes it isn't what you do - it is just how they are wired. Good luck!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

So, I will preface this by saying I know nothing about getting a baby to sleep... but from what I read,  it sounds like babies can't self soothe until much later in the first year.

Anyone?  

Anyone?

with no outside baby I readily admit I know nothing.  But I wonder if it maybe is too soon to start them on this system (which I know nothing about. :)  Hippie at heart, I love 'The Baby Book' which sounds different than what you are implementing so..that is where the alternating views about self-soothing might come into play.  But I have read so.many.damn.books at this point, I have no idea where I heard it.  Maybe I made it up.. ha!  Wouldn't be the first time.. just ask K.  ;)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    But you don't need a baby to surmise from your post that sounds like everyone is frustrated :)  so age appropriate or not, it might be worth looking into other options and/or just listening to the babies and letting them take the lead, as the PP are suggesting.  I am mentally preparing myself, as best as I can, to have no control over my life for quite some time.. A screaming baby will trump my desire to control anything. ever.  Maybe you two just have to hand over the reigns to them for a while.  Good luck! 
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

So, I will preface this by saying I know nothing about getting a baby to sleep... but from what I read,  it sounds like babies can't self soothe until much later in the first year.

i would agree.  but i'm another Sears-ian ;)

• Options
    imagectbride08:
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

i would agree.  but i'm another Sears-ian ;)

get the heck out.  ;)  Perhaps a but early.. but I already have 'love, lessons and limits' and 'parenting with love and logic' sitting on my bookshelf...waiting..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"