Parenting after 35

Funny stuff kids say.

I did read all the posts below, sorry if I didn't reply to everyone. I'm feeling severely scatterbrained at the moment. We've got school drop offs, a house on the market, packing, panicking, water polo, dance, doctor appoinments, finding a new in home daycare and visiting grandparents in law. If I forgot anything, it's due to a low caffeine level.

I had to share something that K said (not E this time), and then you guys share!

We were coming back from a 5 hour hospital appointment for L, and K was tired, cranky and hungry. It's an hour drive in good traffic from the hospital to home, and halfway back K pipes up and says "I'm tired of this sh!t." Not something I expected to hear from her at all, and all I could do was hold in the laughter with tears running down my face (L too).

Poor kid, can't say I blame her. I deflected her, she's one that would happily repeat the offending language if she gets a reaction.

Re: Funny stuff kids say.

• Hehehehehe... I figure if anything can get my sailor's mouth going enough to train M naughty words it'll be traffic.
  • Yeah, guilty of that. And I work with men too, so that doesn't help. Driving in rush hour city traffic means lots of F-bombs sometimes. L sometimes catches me and says, um, mom, don't you mean firetruck/fudge/darn? Uh, yeah, sure!! FIL is worse, he purposely taught L naughty words....fortunately not everyone knows English slang. But I'm pretty sure when he called his kindy teacher a wanker, she understood. He won't dare teach the girls.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been trained to say, "Oh Shoot!" whenever mommy has to make a quick stop in the car.  He doesn't say anything when Daddy's driving.

I feel for K, we're considering putting our house on the market next spring, and I dread harping evryone to keep the house clean.  Too much stress, she may need a chocolate milkshake soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemwd:

DS has been trained to say, "Oh Shoot!" whenever mommy has to make a quick stop in the car.  He doesn't say anything when Daddy's driving.

I feel for K, we're considering putting our house on the market next spring, and I dread harping evryone to keep the house clean.  Too much stress, she may need a chocolate milkshake soon.

Ugh, we're at the keeping the house spotless stage. I'll take that chocolate milkshake too!! I am so glad mat leave is done after this week, if they aren't here to mess it, the house won't get (as) messy. Or they may learn a new word. Holy h-e-double hockey sticks.

• imagegimmietimmies:
    Yeah, guilty of that. And I work with men too, so that doesn't help. Driving in rush hour city traffic means lots of F-bombs sometimes. L sometimes catches me and says, um, mom, don't you mean firetruck/fudge/darn? Uh, yeah, sure!! FIL is worse, he purposely taught L naughty words....fortunately not everyone knows English slang. But I'm pretty sure when he called his kindy teacher a wanker, she understood. He won't dare teach the girls.
    Bwahahaha...

• imagemwd:

DS has been trained to say, "Oh Shoot!" whenever mommy has to make a quick stop in the car.  He doesn't say anything when Daddy's driving.

By the grace of God I have somehow taught DS to say "Oh dear" when something goes wrong. IDK how the heck it happened, but it's sure better than the alternatives come out of my mouth.
  • Love it. Usually these monkeys just say Uh oh and oh no. I guess swearing must be a new level of frustration for her. We'll see how dayhome goes on Monday. She's had the same provider her whole life, this is a new lady. I really like her, but I'm bracing myself anyway.
  • imagegimmietimmies:

I did read all the posts below, sorry if I didn't reply to everyone. I'm feeling severely scatterbrained at the moment. We've got school drop offs, a house on the market, packing, panicking, water polo, dance, doctor appoinments, finding a new in home daycare and visiting grandparents in law. If I forgot anything, it's due to a low caffeine level.

I had to share something that K said (not E this time), and then you guys share!

We were coming back from a 5 hour hospital appointment for L, and K was tired, cranky and hungry. It's an hour drive in good traffic from the hospital to home, and halfway back K pipes up and says "I'm tired of this sh!t." Not something I expected to hear from her at all, and all I could do was hold in the laughter with tears running down my face (L too).

Poor kid, can't say I blame her. I deflected her, she's one that would happily repeat the offending language if she gets a reaction.

That is too funny and your girls are beautiful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"