May 2011 Moms
Options

WWYD? Sick mom

I have rotavirus! So awful. Symptoms started early Saturday am like 4:00am. I went to urgent care that afternoon for fluids and meds to help with nausea. Had fever until this morning. No fever now, just completely wiped out.

DH has been great, amazing really, and has taken care of LO the whole time- I haven't even held him since Friday before we left for dinner. DH wants to take him to MIL house tomorrow while he is at workto give me another day to recoup. I don't want him to get sick and as of now I am still exhausted. Ugh- I just want to snuggle with him!

think I am still contagious? I am BF- just have been pumping for the most part, had to use some stash. So he has had some antibodies is my guess.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WWYD? Sick mom

• Options

I would probably send him to MIL too. YOu need some time to rest and you might still be contagious. Can you send him MOnday and Tuesday? Hopefully by then you should be feeling better. I would hate for you push yourself and get sick again!

Good Luck and Feel better!! Yuck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You probably aren't contagious. Your LO has had vaccines against rotavirus, too (I assume). He has also received antibodies from BM.

With that being said, which is a LOT, I think you should send him to MIL's tomorrow. Two things: it would be really, really awful if DS got rotavirus. Be serious, they vaccinate against it and he would be very sick and possibly hospitalized. Second, sometimes being a parent means you buck up and deal when you don't feel well, and sometimes it means acknowledging that you can't be the best parent you can be right now and need to ask for help. You NEED this extra day to recoup, sleep, take a long, hot shower, rehydrate after the hot shower (haha), and generally spend another day in jammies making sure you can fully take care of your son the next day.

I know that sounds biitchy, but that's what I think! You are still less than 48 hours out from onset. Your son will appreciate you feeling better, even if it feels weird or "wrong" to send him to MIL. I bet she would love to spend the day with him! And you can get some (much needed) rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He has had the first round of vaccine. I am sending him, especially since my fever spiked again. I am so ready to be over this! I miss my baby.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"