December 2022 Moms
Options

Quickening, what's it feel like to you?

I'm currently 17w5d with my first and I think I'm just starting to feel her moving, for me it kinda feels like little twitching inside my stomach? Kinda like little bubbles but different from gas. How would you guys describe how it feels for you?

Re: Quickening, what's it feel like to you?

• Options
    I’m 19 weeks and still can’t tell if I’m feeling him or not!  I feel little bubbles popping too, but very hard to distinguish between gas bubbles or baby.  The only reason I think it’s probably baby is because I don’t remember having gas bubbles so regularly when I wasn’t pregnant!  
  • Options
    I’m week 16 and last night I felt something like little bubbles or ticklish.. not sure if it’s a baby or not but was told by my doctor that I may feel some movements early due to something positioned the way it is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    I’m 19wks and it feels like muscle twitches or tiny little flutter/nudges. I knows it’s him cause now I feel it daily 
  • Options
    jsa25jsa25 member
    I’m 18+4 and started feeling baby during week 17. The flutters initially felt like bursting bubbles but are becoming stronger. Almost like nudges. It’s truly an incredible feeling 🥰 #FTM 
  • Options
    19 weeks and i think I've felt some "nudges" and ticklish from the inside out, but i still can't fully tell... anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    20wks and it’s finally obviously not gas! 😅 Nudges from inside, it’s never felt fluttery for me. I guess if I think about it it’s like a bubble blooping in my abdomen? Sometimes it’s an uncomfortable pushy feeling, and other times it’s like little funny bops against my belly. 💗
  • Options
    I’m 17+3 and at first it felt like little bubbles, like a fish swimming inside. But lately they’ve been stronger and it feels more like movement. I’m plus size so I can’t feel it from the outside but from the inside I feel it. I pause to see if it’s gas and it’s usually not. 
  • Options
    FTM. At 16 weeks, I felt stirrings like a little goldfish flopping over. My doctor thought it was just gas but it was all the way at the bottom of my pelvis. And I've had gas before, this felt different. Not uncomfortable like gas.

Now I'm 20 weeks and it feels like someone is doing somersaults in there. My husband has even felt a little nudge. Now his hands are always on my belly when we snuggle up for a movie. 
  • Options
    Like popcorn popping inside the bag if you were holding while it popped. Or the feeling of a fish flopping. That's always my best description
  • Options
    I was so happy to find this thread!
    19 weeks today and the quickening sensation is both beautiful and also not what I expected!

agreed it’s like like fish flopping @xtinarogilem87 or I also thought of butterly wings brushing against your belly!

• Options
    jurga2022jurga2022 member
    edited August 2022
    I started feeling mine at around 17 weeks. My description to others was also that it feels like a fish glides by or some fluttering sensation!

In the last 3 days I´ve been feeling my boy every day. It starts to feel more like a kick sometimes now! Makes me smile every time :D

And if I lay down on my belly, I am guaranteed to feel some action. He doesn´t like that position I think :)
  • Options
    I started feeling mine about 2 weeks ago,  I'm now 20 weeks.  It honestly feels like the bubble sensation that everyone mentions.  I imagine he's pushing against his bubble to get comfortable. My partner has also been able to feel him twice now,  starting last weekend. I personally never felt the butterfly wings but who knows maybe I just missed it🤷‍♀️ I find that I feel him the most when I'm rocking back and forth on our recliner,  probably wakes him up lol
  • Options
    Feels like a goldfish flopping around in my belly to me!