Preemies
Options

New here...

Hello! I've been reading this board for about a week now, so I finally decided to say 'hi'. 

My son was due to be born on 10/27/11, but decided to make an early appearance on 09/10/11. He was born at 33w2d. He's still in the hospital, but he's doing very well. We've moved out of the NICU and we're now in special care, just learning how to eat. We're hoping he'll be home by 37 weeks.

As a first time mom, and especially a preemie mom, any advice that you ladies have is appreciated! I look forward to posting more over here. 

Re: New here...

• Options
    Welcome!  We're here to offer support and answer questions if you need it.  Your little one is a cutie!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Welcome and Congratulations on your little one!!  Do they know what caused the premature labor?  How much did he weigh at birth?  Great news that he's moved from intensive to special care!!  Hopefully he'll pick up quickly on feedings so you can have him home with you soon!!  
    Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope your LO is home soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First off Congratulations on the birth of your son. Sounds like your DS is doing well. Praying that he will be home soon.

• Options
    Welcome! It sounds like your son is doing well-congrats! There is a NICU FAQ link in my siggy, it has a bunch of resources we have compiled. I hope you have a quick and quiet NICU stay!
  • Options

imageRachie_B:
    Welcome and Congratulations on your little one!!  Do they know what caused the premature labor?  How much did he weigh at birth?  Great news that he's moved from intensive to special care!!  Hopefully he'll pick up quickly on feedings so you can have him home with you soon!!  

My water broke at 31w6d. I was able to stay on bed rest in the hospital for 9 days before I went into labor on my own. He was 4lb 13oz at birth.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) 

• Options
    Congratulations, he's a cutie!  I hope your stay is short and uneventful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on your little guy, it sounds like he is on the track to going home soon.  I also delivered in Dallas back in July.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Glad he is doing well.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My son was born on 9/10/11 too! He was born at 32 weeks and is still in the NICU
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"