LGBT Parenting
Options

High chair recommendations?

Hi, all!

So, this morning, for the second time, J toppled over in his Space Saver high chair (like this one: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3867646). The reason we wanted this instead of a regular high chair was we wanted him to be at the table with us since he's interested in our food anyway, and that way we could have our meals together. The first time it happened, he was too far away from the table and pushed off with his feet. We thought, "that's our fault for not having him closer to the table." Today, as I was making his breakfast, he reached for me and down the whole thing went. He didn't push off or anything - the whole thing went down sideways. Maybe he's too big (though he does not exceed the manufacturer's height and weight recommendations for the chair). Whatever it is, I don't care. He's not going in the darn thing again. So the question is: what high chair would you recommend, and have you ever experienced (or heard of) such a thing happening with a high chair?

Thanks, everyone! We need to go get one pronto, but I figured I'd try to get your feedback before this evening.

Re: High chair recommendations?

• Options
    wow, that's scary! we have FP space savers (and love them) but maybe a hook on would work better for you?  We have this one and havent had any issues. 
  • Options

At his age, I would get a Trip Trapp if you can. I think SSG has one for Ella. Perhaps look on Criagslist. I will last you a long time and he can be at the table with you.

We had a basic Fischer Price one that worked well, we never had issues with, and they sat in till 3y (yes, it was easier to contain them and get them to eat!)

We also had these that worked well on most tables (though not on ours since it has a lip in it.) But we used it at grandparents/restaurants/etc and it was super sturdy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, CT and 2brides!

2brides, I looked up Trip Trapp safety, and this was the third thing on the list:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJF7vD9nFrA. This is exactly what he does, so I guess we'll have to steer clear of the Trip Trapp... The other one looks like it's perfect, though. THANK YOU!

• Options
    If you have a table that could take a clip-on chair, that would be an easy/quick option. We have this Chicco one, and have liked it. Our table wasn't strong enough to hold those, so we ended up getting stand-alone high chairs. A stand-alone high chair that is adjustable in height (so you could take off the big tray and scoot the little mini-tray up under the table) might work. We got a couple of Safety 1st AdapTable high chairs from Target (they're available elsewhere, we just liked the Target pattern) and have really liked them. GL!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    Thanks, thiswillbe! Smile
  • Options
    We have the svan and love it. E has been at the table from pretty early and we love it.  It is very stable and strong (actually sat on it for a dinner party the other night since we ran out of regular chairs).  E can climb up by herself now and it works really well for us.  I don't know if you could tip it over due to its large base. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetdmklm:

Hi, all!

So, this morning, for the second time, J toppled over in his Space Saver high chair (like this one: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3867646). The reason we wanted this instead of a regular high chair was we wanted him to be at the table with us since he's interested in our food anyway, and that way we could have our meals together. The first time it happened, he was too far away from the table and pushed off with his feet. We thought, "that's our fault for not having him closer to the table." Today, as I was making his breakfast, he reached for me and down the whole thing went. He didn't push off or anything - the whole thing went down sideways. Maybe he's too big (though he does not exceed the manufacturer's height and weight recommendations for the chair). Whatever it is, I don't care. He's not going in the darn thing again. So the question is: what high chair would you recommend, and have you ever experienced (or heard of) such a thing happening with a high chair?

Thanks, everyone! We need to go get one pronto, but I figured I'd try to get your feedback before this evening.

on no we have these and just opened the box so a friend could feed her kid... DAMN .. I will have to read reviews!!! YIKES so scary !!!  

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"