Postpartum Depression

2nd time mom...is this PPD?

I have an 8 week old LO. He is my 2nd child. Before getting pregnant, I was on Xanax and proxac for anxiety, sleep, and depression. I lived in fear of everything, even irrational things. I haven't had my meds since I was pregnant, and I thought I did well without them minus the panic attacks. I am now back to where I was. Fear I will fall while carrying LO and crack his head, fear my husband won't care for him properly (This is irrational, as I know this isn't the case at all)...but I am also overwhelmed. I can't get anything around my house cleaned because LO is always needing to be held and my DS1 is SN and when he gets home from school, the process of dinner, homework, meds and bed is a 3 hr process and I just want to cry...and I sometimes snap at DS1 although I know what he is doing is beyond his control. So, with all of these issues, could I have POD withe mt anxiety disorder? I can't do anything right now due to insurance issues but I was fine after DS1's traumatic birth, could LO's surprise CS be a factor? Thanks for any input.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd time mom...is this PPD?

• It could be you should talk with your obgyn. and let them know how you are feeling. They can possibly give you some samples to take. I know Walmart has the $4 generic prozac. the xanax i'm not sure how you could get those. I had the baby blues bad after I got home with little one, it was due to the lack of sleep in the hospital plus my blood pressure being so high during and after labor. I had to end up having a c-section too. Try to relax make sure you are still drinking plenty of water. Do you have anyone that can help you some during the day? If so ask for help, you need some time for you! I know its hard to get away but even if it's just for an hour to go outside and sit and get some fresh air. I have been there. I had panic attacks and have done tons of research on it. They don't tell you about the hormones dropping after birth, and hormones have a HUGE play in anxiety. I definately suggest to get on some meds to take the edge off. I got back on Zoloft after LO was born. I don't have insurance either but I make sure I get my meds every month! lol
    Photobucket imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely sounds like it could be PPD/PPA - I would suggest going to talk to your doc right away - the longer you leave it the worse it could get. GL to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I've never dealt with PPD before, and I apologize for the messed up post and the typos, phone and feeding at the same time. I am 8 weeks PP and not sure they wont refer me to my other dr for another referral, but I will call. Thanks ladies. I didn't know if that was normal, as my DS1 is 6 so its been a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"