Two Under 2

must haves?

What are your must have items to manage your 2u2?

Do you have to have a double stroller or can 1 be in a carrier while the other is pushed along?

We have a PNP so I keep thinking we may not need another crib (or will we?).  Also have a few carriers.  I plan on BF'ing so no need for tons of bottles and such.

I keep thinking all we'll need is another carseat and some more diapers (we cloth diaper).  What am I missing?

Re: must haves?

• Ergo, Aden & Anais swaddle blankets (since they can be used as burp cloths, nursing covers, swaddling), sound machines, a big, comfy reclining glider (we went with Best Chairs - Bilana), baby gates (you want the area where you'll be spending the majority of your time to be completely child proofed, so the toddler can't get hurt and so you aren't saying "no" all day long).

For BF, I didn't replace any of my pump parts, since I pumped so infrequently.  I did get new nipples for the few bottles that I have.  I bought some new nursing bras and a new tank.

For CD, buy all-in-ones for your extra diapers.  I used to not miind stuffing pockets, but now it's annoying and time consuming (you are doing laundry more frequently with two and the loads are larger).

We bought another convertible crib.  DD1 is still in her crib.  I'm getting ready to switch her to the toddler bed.  I'm glad that I didn't try to switch her early.  Every kid is different though.

The stroller situation depends on your lifestyle.  I exercise with mine and we do a lot of outdoor activities, so I needed the double BOB.  For shopping, I have the Peg Perego Skate.  It has a second seat, but I usually put the toddler in the stroller and wear the baby in the Ergo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • I also got a new diaper bag.  I loved my previous diaper bag, but it was heavy.  I got a PPB boxy backpack and it's been great for 2u2.  It can be used as a messenger bag or a backpack --- I like that the strap(s) don't fall down, when you bend over to pick a kid up.  It's lightweight and I can clip it to the stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I personally wouldn't be able to live without the double stroller. We go on a walk every morning and if I take them out alone, the double stroller is used then as well. DD is 14 months and can walk, but the stroller is the easiest way right now! If you don't plan on going on walks or going out with them both alone, it may not be necessary...

I also got a new diaper bag- the Ju Ju Be Prepared. It's HUGE, but I love it! I tend to over pack, so I need the extra space. :)

• imageLJR 84:

I personally wouldn't be able to live without the double stroller. We go on a walk every morning and if I take them out alone, the double stroller is used then as well. DD is 14 months and can walk, but the stroller is the easiest way right now! If you don't plan on going on walks or going out with them both alone, it may not be necessary...

I also got a new diaper bag- the Ju Ju Be Prepared. It's HUGE, but I love it! I tend to over pack, so I need the extra space. :)

Yeah, I was afraid of that...  we live in an apartment with 2 dogs and I walk them by myself at least 2 miles/day with the stroller.  Will probably need to suck it up and just get one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"