Parenting
Options

Anyone play golf?

I've wanted to give it a try for some time.  I came across a set of clubs and a bag on a local buy/sell/trade page on FB (a highly entertaining page, btw) for $20, so I figured now would be a good time.  We have a golf course in our little town and almost everyone here plays.  I'm friends with the HS golf coach, so I'll talk to him, but how did you get started?  Any advice?

Re: Anyone play golf?

• Options

I started by taking a ladies beginner class, it really helped a lot!  Is there a community center or college where you can do that?  Or a golf course?  I was lucky to be living in a town where we had a lot of that avail at that time.  I just noticed that the rec center in my new area does a class and I think I will do it when dd2 is a little older.  

Private lessons are so exp, but can be another way to go.  I felt like I got so much more out of the group lessons.   

GL and have fun!   

• Options
    I do on a rare occasion-my DH doesn't & it's expensive! I learned as a young kid (8 or 9) through my towns park district. I got lots of free practice in college because my friends worked at a golf course & I dated a pro golfer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is a golf pro so you'd think I would play all the time, but sadly I just never got into it. 
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options

My sister made me start playing when I was 19ish.  It's a great sport, one you can take with you your whole life.

Go ahead and buy the clubs.  No need to invest more to start out.

Look for a beginners clinic at a local club/range - many have 'women's only' events.  Either way, go to a golf range with a patient golfer friend and hit a bucket.  Have fun with it.  Keep you head down, your (left probably) arm straight and your knees flexed and just think about advancing the ball.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"