1st Trimester

What's a fun way to announce pregnancy???

We are having a football party at my brother in laws house Sept 17 and we want to tell that night. We will be just short of 12 weeks then. We have been prego before but lost all the babies. The first baby we took a picture of our pregnancy test and gave my mother in law a photo album (from our wedding that she ordered) and stuck that picture in the back. So I don't wanna do something like that again. Just wondering if anyone has any fun ways of spilling the beans.

My husband is probably fine with just saying it, but I like to do more creative stuff.

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's a fun way to announce pregnancy???

• heheh the picture in the back of the wedding album is really cute, im pregnant with my 1st baby im 6 weeks pregnant, me and my husband planned out this big bbq to tell every one , but before we could get them all togeather for the bbq we ended up spilling the beans we where so nervous and excited my husband had to tell my mom that he was going to be a daddy like 5 times before she belived us lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aw that's so cute!! Not being able to wait won't be a problem for us, my husband is not budging on that eventhough it's killing me!! LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about announcing the pregnancy but when our friends announced if they were having a boy or girl they took a picture of an almond joy and mounds and drew an arrow to the mounds. I loved that idea.
  • imageljtibbets:
    I don't know about announcing the pregnancy but when our friends announced if they were having a boy or girl they took a picture of an almond joy and mounds and drew an arrow to the mounds. I loved that idea.

Adorable!!!!

• We are telling everyone Saturday.

My mother knits baby blankets for everyone in the family. So I think I am going to get yarn and put it in a gift bag, and tell her she has until March.

• That's a fun idea Erin!!

I was thinking of making homemade cupcakes and writing We're Expecting across them, but I'm afraid someone will get into them too early and ruin it. So I can't think of anything good yet.

• My in laws are all Green Bay Packer's fans (hardcore) so I made a flyer that had a picture of a team onsie jersey and across the bottom wrote "Newest Packer Fan Coming in March 2012" They loved it!
  • imagestarswinger:
    My in laws are all Green Bay Packer's fans (hardcore) so I made a flyer that had a picture of a team onsie jersey and across the bottom wrote "Newest Packer Fan Coming in March 2012" They loved it!

Love it! (My mom's from Wisconsin...)

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cute! I want to just leak it to our 7 year old niece and let her do the work for me, but my mother is ubber sentimental. I think she'll like the first option better!

• We are having an Ohio State Football party, so something like that could work.

My other brother in law and wife are prego too, but they've already told everyone. They are about 1 month ahead of us. They didn't actually do the telling, they told his mom and she proceeded to tell everyone else. That's not how I wanna do it, I wanna spread the news and surprise people. But I'm pretty skinny and I get bloated alot, so I look like I'm pregnant with a little bump. So I have to wear loose tunicy tops so no one notices.

• When I was pregnant with my DD we took our parents dinner and had our waitress wrap bibs up in their silver ware.  The bibs said "Spit Happens".   My dad kinda looked at it and said I don't need this.  I said not yet but you will in November!  It was cute everyone got excited!  This time we just put DD in a shirt that on the fron said "Only CHild" and the back said "Untill March 2012". 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I thought I got caught last night. My SIL came over, so I took the u/s pic from the fridge and put it in one of the kitchen drawers next to the "What to expect.." book.

So I opened it when she had her back turned and she turned toward me as I was closing it, and appearantly something caught her eye and she opened the drawer half way and closed it!! The book was towards the back, but I panicked! I was like what did you see in that drawer!!  She claimes nothing! lol

• we told my hubby's parents through a game of scrabble.  I spelled the word "WERE" and he spelt "PREGNANT".  It was the greatest reaction ever!! His mom knew it when the letter 'G' was down.   his dad on the other hand... hubby had to turn the board and read & point "WERE PREGNANT".  It was priceless.  I wish we would've caught it on video.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesarabeth9787:
    we told my hubby's parents through a game of scrabble.  I spelled the word "WERE" and he spelt "PREGNANT".  It was the greatest reaction ever!! His mom knew it when the letter 'G' was down.   his dad on the other hand... hubby had to turn the board and read & point "WERE PREGNANT".  It was priceless.  I wish we would've caught it on video.

I like this one!

• I like the idea of getting a shirt made. But I don't know if I could get my hubby to wear one lol, so I might have to do it and just walk around the room. Like wear a sweatshirt or something over it until we are ready to show.

But all the ideas are so cute and special! Keep em coming lol!! I just love hearing them!

• I also like the idea of pretending to take a picture, and actually videotaping while saying, " Say <insert name here> is pregnant!

It would be funny to watch everyones reaction later

• imageljtibbets:
    I don't know about announcing the pregnancy but when our friends announced if they were having a boy or girl they took a picture of an almond joy and mounds and drew an arrow to the mounds. I loved that idea.

So....mounds.....=....vagina?

Tongue Tied

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes, Almond Joy's have nuts.

• imagehuskymomma94:

imageljtibbets:

Tongue Tied

That's so funny!! Ya know, "Almond Joys have nuts, mounds don't"

• imageWifey1012:

Yes, Almond Joy's have nuts.

I am quite aware.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageljtibbets:

I don't get it....?

Sounds kind of gross. 

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagehuskymomma94:
    imageWifey1012:

I am quite aware.

Urmmmm, EW.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My DH is a photographer, so this past weekend when we had almost all of our family in town, we asked everyone to gather up for a family picture. DH got the camera all set up on the tripod, but without anyone else knowing he switched the camera over to taking video. So everyone is standing there ready for the picture to be taken, DH comes and jumps into the shot and starts a countdown of 3,2,1...everybody say, "Jacquie's pregnant!" Everyone looked at around at each other, confused, still waiting for the picture to be taken, and I had to turn to everyone and say, "I am!" And then they all freaked out. My dad said he thought he was going to faint! It was one of the happiest moments of my life, but the best part is that we caught it on film and we can watch it over and over Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were up at my parents hous and DH was holding our oldest son upside down and I looked at him and said "dont break that one we only have 2 more"...the only on that caught it was my sister who told every one to be quite and looked at me and said....2 more????  are you really???

but I guess that would only work if you have more than one...lol

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
  • imagehuskymomma94:
    imageWifey1012:

I am quite aware.

That was annoying.

• imageWifey1012:
    imagehuskymomma94:
    imageWifey1012:

I am quite aware.

That was annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as the unnecessary apostrophe in "Almond Joys".

• Can we not turn this post into a way to be rude to each other? It's supposed to be about sharing some wonderful news.
  • My MIL's birthday is next week so we are going to sign her birthday card "Love, Ricky, Camille & Baby T" and give it to her at dinner with the whole family.  She always reads every card she gets outloud, so everyone will hear. She's going to flip out!

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • I saw a cute video on you tube doing this... DH & I will be going to the beach, take a couple photos of the water, of us, and also write, "We're pregnant..." in the sand and let that be the next picture in line. I'll tell my parents, "Oh, we went to the beach yesterday and there was a boat parade," or something, neat boats, etc. I'll set up the camera for them to view, have DH ready with his phone on video pretending he's checking a text. I just hope I can get both of them next to each other when we want to show them the photos.
  • My family is all spread out, so with the first one, we just made a bunch of phone calls, but with this one, we are going to get LO a T-shirt that says something about being a great big brother, we'll take a picture and show/email it to everyone.  I really like the " only child til 2012" thing though.  Might have to steal it.
  • We plan on giving our parents frames that say "Grandchildren are a blessing" on them and put a photo inside that says "April 2012" written in sand at the beach. I want to see how long it takes them to figure it out. This will be their first grandchild. I can't wait to see their reaction.
  • Since Grandparents day is right around the corner I got grandparents day cards for our parents. I taped a pic of the positive pregnancy test inside. My MIL's birthday is this Labor day so next week when we give her the card she will think it is a birthday card. Inside I wrote that the card was from Baby "Opie" Coming Spring 2012. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just found out we are pregnant, so I'm not sure yet. But have been dreaming of ways to tell them. I was thinking of buying little pink and blue booties and then taking a picture of me and my Dh holding them (so the pic is just our hands and booties) then typing Save the Date and the due date and then putting it in a baby or grandma/grandpa frame.

I was talking to my mom and told her that she needs to buy a swing set for the cabin for when she does have grand kids (this was about 3 months ago) and she said once she has 2 grand babies then she will. Well my sister is pregnant now and due 2 months before me, so I was thinking of finding the picture of a swing set and saying now she needs to buy that swing set!

• We did this: https://pinterest.com/pin/127345836/# and posted the photo on FB today.  The I posted my status as "<3 x 153"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • "Mounds"=Breasts.....
  • imagehuskymomma94:

imageljtibbets:

Tongue Tied

Have fun eating a mounds from now on lol

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Post moderated to remove hyperlink spam.
  • This last weekend we told both my family and DH's by having "ice cream parties" at their houses.  We used custom m&m's that said "gonna be an Aunt, gonna be an uncle, hello Baby!, and Hi Grandma & Grandpa" on them as toppings for the ice cream.  Of course, BIL ate his before reading any of it, so totally didn't get it... but the rest of the family was fun :)
    Married: 10.28.04 1st M/C 2005 | 2nd M/C & D&C 2007 | 3rd M/C 2009 Pray this one is sticky!!! BFP: July 17, 2011 PCOS Mama IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imagejenni888:
    imageWifey1012:
    imagehuskymomma94:
    imageWifey1012:

I am quite aware.

That was annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as the unnecessary apostrophe in "Almond Joys".

People like you totally turn me off from these boards. Just saying.

• imagelostaspen:
    We did this: https://pinterest.com/pin/127345836/# and posted the photo on FB today.  The I posted my status as "<3 x 153"

OMG cutest picture!! We don't have any other children so it'd just be 1 + 2 = 3 but I am in love with this!! So adorable!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"