December 2011 Moms
Options

Those who bought the Graco Lauren crib in Walnut

Have you had any success finding a matching chest of drawers?  MIL bought us the changing table that was also in walnut and it doesn't match really well (probably since we bought them at different times the stain was slightly different or something), but it'll work.

I've been trying to find a chest of drawers to match and not having any luck, so I bought a 3 shelf bookcase to put books, a lamp, and some storage bins on.  It also wasn't the same color but close enough, and it was on sale for $12 so I figured it couldn't hurt!

Re: Those who bought the Graco Lauren crib in Walnut

• Options
    I bought the Graco Lauren in Walnut and I can understand your frustration.  It is a unique color.  I am not trying to match the wood though.  I have been checking Craigslist for an old cheap dresser and am planning to refinish it in a soft creamy yellow since that is the accent color in my bedding.  I also am planning to do the same with the bookcase.  I don't know if that helps you or not, but I didn't want to try to match that wood, and am excited to have different colored furniture.  I think the yellow will look nice against the wall color. 
    "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" - Unknown
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageGranolaGirl06:
    I bought the Graco Lauren in Walnut and I can understand your frustration.  It is a unique color.  I am not trying to match the wood though.  I have been checking Craigslist for an old cheap dresser and am planning to refinish it in a soft creamy yellow since that is the accent color in my bedding.  I also am planning to do the same with the bookcase.  I don't know if that helps you or not, but I didn't want to try to match that wood, and am excited to have different colored furniture.  I think the yellow will look nice against the wall color. 

This is essentially what we are doing. We already have a dresser and once we get the color scheme set for the nursery, I am simply going to paint it a color that will match, most likely a white or a green color. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also bought the crib in Walnut and then bought the changing table and it was a slightly different color.  We already had a white dresser, and we're leaving it white and putting it in the closet since our nursery is super small.  I am, however, getting some of the fabric storage boxes to put on the changing table for additional clothing and diaper storage. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to bring  a piece of the changing table (we didn't check to see how close it matched to the crib yet) to a bunch of stores to try and get a good match.  So far- it matches things cherry colored from BRU.  We have to start hunting because I want a close match.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought about painting one a light blue color or just buying a white one, it is way too hard to find something that matches!  I'm going to get a few storage bins for the changing table and a closet organizer and see if that is enough storage for now.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"