Breastfeeding
Options

Pregnant and BFing, re: weight gain

I am 15 weeks pregnant and still BFing my 1yr old DD 3times/day.  I have only gained 1 lb so far this pregnancy, last time I had gained about at least 7 lbs by now.  I think it's b/c of the BFing.  I'm wondering if I should be concerned, or if you have any suggestions to up my weight gain.  I am planning on weaning sometime soon, but not right away b/c DD is currently adjusting to starting DC so I don't want too many changes at once.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant and BFing, re: weight gain

• Options
    I didn't really gain any weight until I weaned DD ( I was about 4 months pregnant) and then the weight PACKED on even though I hadn't changed my eating or exercise habits.  Have you talked with your Dr?  Is he concerned?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nothing to be concerned about.  I didn't start gaining with either kid until 22 weeks.  I just didnt have m/s this time and ate like a cow the first few months and didn't gain anything!  Woo hoo! I'm still BFing #1.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemeganandgabe:
    I didn't really gain any weight until I weaned DD ( I was about 4 months pregnant) and then the weight PACKED on even though I hadn't changed my eating or exercise habits.  Have you talked with your Dr?  Is he concerned?

At my DR appointment last week, I had just shoved a big dinner down my face before I went, so my weight was deceptively higher.  I think if I still am not really gaining by my next appointment, I'll discuss it with him.  I'm nervous though because he told me I shouldn't BF while pregnant.  I did my own research and decided that there's no evidence that it causes pre-term labor and I'm going to wean when DD and I are ready.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Its normal not to gain any weight at 15 weeks BF or not.  I wouldn't worry, your body will tell you if you need to eat more.  It's also common to gain less with subsequent pregnancies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"