High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

A GD thing I learned this morning...

... after two not-so-great fasting numbers this week (not consecutively but within 4 days of each other) I've been on the prowl for a solution.

Last night I decided to give what I had heard from a nutritionist during my last GD appointment a try... when I woke up at 5am to pee I forced myself to stumble into the kitchen and nosh on 30 carbs worth of graham crackers.

And you know what? This morning I woke up with a 77 :)

image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A GD thing I learned this morning...

• Options
    I am honestly confused by this.  It isn't a fasting blood sugar if you have eaten in the last 8 hours.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageludicrous:
    I am honestly confused by this.  It isn't a fasting blood sugar if you have eaten in the last 8 hours.

Exactly!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd think the same thing... but they told me that its all about keeping your numbers low and if a snack in the middle of the night helps then that's the solution for you.

I'm new to all this too Stick out tongue

image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
  • Options
    I asked my endo if I could eat in the middle of the night because some nights I wake up sooooo hungry it really hurts. He said that I can, but if I do, I have to be consistant and do it every day. I have found that a light yogurt around midnight has me waking up with numbers in the 80's and low 90's, which is awesome for me. I also test at 7 instead of 8, because 8 hours seems to be around when I get my dawn phenomenon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLifeInANutshell:

I'd think the same thing... but they told me that its all about keeping your numbers low and if a snack in the middle of the night helps then that's the solution for you.

I'm new to all this too Stick out tongue

I wish my doctor thought like this. I am on insulin again after my castings creeped up over 100. Nevermind I hang out 60-95 all day and still average below 100.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Me too!  My dietician said that in order for it to be a true fasting # I have to go 6 hours without eating.  So if I got up at 12:00-1:30 am that would be ok but anything after that would throw off the results.  I wish I could've found a solution before they threw me onto Glyburide.  Now my fasting #s are in the low 60's.  I had good numbers all day but I couldn't get that dang fasting # under control!  GD is so confusing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

What was it at 5 before you ate the crackers?  It would be considered fasting at that point too, correct?

I also struggled with my fasting sugars even on a restricted diet during my last pregnancy so I'm just curious.

• Options
    I am ok if I do it before 2 am. I have 1 graham cracker plank and like 2 oz of milk, soo happy in the belly to get back to sleep.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"