South Florida Babies
Options

TMI Poll: I'm really amazed that even after almost a year....

of not pumping my boobs are still making milk. 

Strange.

I guess I won't have a problem bf'ing baby #2.

For those of you that haven't bf'd in while, did this happen to you?

TTC #1 May/June 2008
CP 7.19.08
Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
TTC #2
HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww

Re: TMI Poll: I'm really amazed that even after almost a year....

• Options
    I only pumped for like maybe 3 months, on/off.  At about 6 mo, I still was able to express some milk, which I found odd.  Now, nothing.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I definitely had some milk for about 6 months after I stopped BFing Evan. I had an ultrasound of my breasts done around that time and my breast ducts were dilated. Of course this could have been because I was about 4-5 months pregnant with #2 at that point as well. But it's not unusual for it to take a while to dry up. Also, are you squeezing your nipple to check? (Sorry if TMI lol). But if you squeeze or stimulate the breasts in anyway it can signal your body to produce milk. Something else, if it continues, I would get your prolactin checked.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is interesting! I BF for 8 months and my milk was completely gone by about 10 months. At least as far as I could tell!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I noticed that I am still producing milk as well the other day.  I stopped nursing B four months ago.  But a year?!  Sounds like you won't have any problems at all (=

• Options

imageAlbah:
    Also, are you squeezing your nipple to check? (Sorry if TMI lol). But if you squeeze or stimulate the breasts in anyway it can signal your body to produce milk.

I do the "squeeze test" every few weeks/months to check and I still get a few droplets of milk! And I weaned Emma in late December of 2010. I thought it was kind of weird but maybe it's all the squeezing that's causing there to still be milk! LOL. I keep waiting to squeeze one day and for no milk to be there, but nope...still there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

MOOOOOO. 

hehe

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"