Upstate NY Babies
Options

pillow ???s

so M uses a faux boppy- more like a u shaped pillow, my aunt made it for me, the fabric matches a quilt she also made for M, and while i know that my aunt wanted me to use the pillow and the quilt- they were made to be loved (meaning used) she told me, i'm not sure they were made to be used forever

the faux boppy smells bad, and i feel bad that i haven't tried to wash it until now (it's just fabric and stuffing) but i've been afraid to mess with it b/c i know he sleeps so well with it.  i am going to attempt to wash it tomorrow and pray that it is ok for him to sleep on tomorrow night. he loves sunggling in it at night.

while we were at TRU the other day we walked past the boppy pillows and i mentioned to DH that we need to do something about that pillow. there was a orig boppy on sale too and i was tempted to buy it. i am under the assumption that the real boppy will withstand daily use and regular washing's better then something home made so i'm tempted to buy one. can anyone who has a real boppy give me your thoughts on their withstanding daily use?

i have thought about kicking this habit of sleeping with this u shaped pillow and getting him a regular one (he will lay on ours in our bed) but that's easier for me to say as i'm not the one who has to adjust and i myself and pretty particular about my pillows too. also a quick google will get you giant u shaped pillows for adults so why can't my kid keep his?

so what should i do?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pillow ???s

• Options

Real Boppys are really hard and also high/thick.. not comfy for sleeping on. That being said, Eve sleeps on my bosom baby nursing pillow all the time, because I slept with it as like a snoogle while I was pg.. and she always wanted to lay on mommy's "body pillow". Its alot softer than a boppy though.. My MIL brought Eve over a toddler pillow the other day because she just assumed, without asking any of us, that Eve liked to sleep on the nursing pillow because it was flatter than a regular pillow, but it is in fact just because its mine..

If I were you, i'd try him out with a real pillow and see how it goes.. If it doesn't work out, maybe your aunt can make him a new pillow? :)

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

Even Boppy's get floppy in the middle, and I am not so sure they hold up to washing very well. We had old ones at a daycare that we washed and they got worn down quick.

Like M said, a new Boppy is pretty thick and hard. I don't use ours much because of that. I don't think seeping on it would be comfy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They sell knock off inserts at JoAnns that seem a little floppier. It may actually be what your aunt used :)
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options

Put a tennis ball (or one of those dryer balls) in the dryer and then it will loosen up the cotton so it doesn't get all clumpy.

I'd go to a regular pillow. But what do I know - Evan puts his pillow over his body to sleep.

• Options

thanks for your thoughts girls.

M is a back/side sleeper, and the faux boppy my aunt made was really high untill the heavy head of his flattened it out.

like i said i am going to attempt to clean that one today and see how it goes. DH mentioned something to me this morning about stopping at TRU today i think he might pick up the boppy. we did look at TRU for regular pillows and didn't see any.

i know that One Step Ahead.com has the foam contured pillows that support the neck for toddlers- that is the kind i have in addition to my down pillow- and i thought about getting one of those.

Telyco- i lol'd at E sleeping with his pillow over his body! they are such funny little creatures aren't they?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"