Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Nutramigen v. Gerber Good Start Gentle

This afternoon our doc suggested we switch from Nutramigen supplementation to Good Start Gentle - DD has been having explosive poops and fussiness when she gets the Nutramigen similar to pre-dairy-elimination BM.

I've only be able to do a little research and am so surprised I didn't hear about this formula before. Any other mom's have success switching from N to GS? Any other comments on it?

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

Re: Nutramigen v. Gerber Good Start Gentle

• Options
    My LO is on Nutramigen for milk/soy protein allergy. Why was your LO on it? I'm just wondering because lately LO has been having some seriously explosive poos as well. He seems fine other than that though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had the opposite we went from GS Gentle to Nutramigen. The GS made it so hard for LO to go to the bathroom he would have such crying fits I had to give him prune juice to go to the bathroom. Its been a huge difference on the Nutramigen, generally he is just a happier baby now. Yes we do have some explosions but his poop doesn't smell like rotten eggs like it did on the GS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went from GS Gentle to Alimentum (Similac version of Nutrimigen).
  • Options
    This reply has been edited by a moderator
    to remove the redirecting hyperlink spam

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS
  • Options

Actually we are making the same exact switch today... her poops were so bad, I'm not sure how long the diaper rash will take to clear that it caused.  Our dr suggested the same thing.  Let me know how you do... I just gave her her first bottle and she sucked it down with no problems, so at least I know she likes the taste!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"