January 2012 Moms
Options

Dizzy and cold sweats

Since mid-first trimester, I have gotten light-headed or dizzy sometimes. My Dr. said it's normal and the baby is zapping my energy plus my body's blood flow is different now that I'm pregnant. I had morning sickness for a few weeks and it always came around the same time of day: mid-morning. Since that's gone away, I sometimes get dizzy mid-morning. Today, I felt dizzy and then got cold sweats. I really felt like I was going to faint! It was the first time it was that severe but I sat down, put my feet up, had some water and then it passed. I work 9-5 in an office but today I just went home and took it easy the rest of the day.

Anyone else have dizzy or fainting spells? Anyone else have mid-morning issues...maybe it's work-related?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dizzy and cold sweats

• Options
    I have had some lightheaded moments, either in the shower when it gets too warm or if I've been on my feet too long and need to eat or drink something, but they can usually be fixed fairly easily by sitting down or eating/drinking something.  I hope you can find something that will make you feel better.  Make sure you sit or, even better, lay down when you feel this way.  I've also heard laying on your left side for a bit will help stabilize your blood pressure, if that's part of the issue.  Plus you can't fall down if you're already laying down.  Be careful!  Hope you feel better!
    Married DH - December 2006, Started TTC - July 2009, BFP - May 15, 2011 (round #1 chlomid) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had the same problem last week!  Every day, at work, between 9:30 and 10:30 I would start to feel nauseous and lightheaded, then I would break into a sweat and feel like I am going to pass out.  I have nowhere to sit on the sales floor, so I would have to leave and go into our backroom.  The first time, it took an hour to go away completely.  Then I felt super tired for another hour, then I felt great the rest of the day.  It happened 3 times and I just worked through it, but it kind of freaked me out.  My dr was on vacation last week, so I am just going to ask about it at my appt on Friday.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got to tell my doctor about this problem today. She said it sounds like a hypoglycemic issue (ie. not eating enough or enough sugar). She suggested always having juice, candy or something like that on hand so if I feel faint I can easily and quickly get some sugar into my bloodstream. She was concerned that I wasn't eating enough in general...but I don't think I have to worry there. I track everything on the Babyfit website and I've gained 6lbs in the past month! I'm going back in a week to monitor how I feel but the doctor said I should worry since my body is doing all sorts of things now and all that activity and changes could bring on these symptoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I black out and get lightheaded or dizzy no less than 5 times a day. Pretty much anytime I go from laying down or sitting to standing. My dr told me it was just iron levels and blood flow change, but to make sure I get my iron and protein. 
    DD 1.18.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"