North Florida Babies

Daycare in Southside Jax?

Hello!  Does anyone have a daycare provider that they recommend or have heard good things about in Southside?  We live off of Baymeadows and I'm due in Oct.  Just moved to Jax last week:)

Re: Daycare in Southside Jax?

• Depends on your budget. Obviously if you go for a chain daycare (La Petite) they have more "rules" they have to abide by. Of course each ddaycare has their own set of state rules and regs.. but chain places like that have a set standard, in comparison to private schools where they are individually run. I used to work in childcare myself so I am very observant when it comes to choosing care for my children. However I am a WAHM so I haven't had my children in anyone else care other than my own for quite some time. here are a few recommendations:

La Petite Academy on Baymedows and I-95

very small and not new looking- but you will be surprised that the care their is great. A good friend of mine works in one of the rooms, she has all her credentials and has been caring for children for a long time. As far as I know, the director is very strict with how much experience is needed to hire and they are always looking into the best interest of the child.

Hogan Christian Pre-School 

my daughter went there for VPK so I don't know much about the other rooms, but being their everyday and having a great relationship with her teachers and staff I can tell you that I loved it! My daughter is older so she can, and will tell me anything that wouldn't be right and she loved it also..never had a complain and their classrooms are run the "oldschool" way.

This is private but much less expensive that the first one I mentioned.

best of all take a tour or visit (not during nap hours) usually teachers are prepping and planning.. if you pop in on them while class is in session that should give you a better idea of what you will encounter sending your child there.

and congratulations and welcome! I moved here myself from South Florida almost two years ago and was very pleased with the above mentioned places. 

• We just move to Saint Augustine from OP, since we work on the southside we were looking for daycares on that side of town.  We liked the learning experience the best.  It's 1075 a month.  If we didnt find one in Saint Augustine katie would have gone there.  Good luck and congrats
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"