18 Weeks Pregnant

Welcome to Week 18!

2»

Re: Welcome to Week 18!

• Lots of baby movement, and the tingle pain is back in my left hip. 

image image
  • If you doctors says it is okay.  Take 1 benadryl before bed.  It helps your body and mind calm down.  

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats!  That is awesome!I

• Me too!  I have a few days where I am ok, and then BAM, I wake up some mornings, and I'm still getting sick :( 
  • Good morning ladies. I'm 18 weeks with twin boys and for the past 2 days i have been suffering from a stuffy/runny nose and some major sneezing and sinus pressure that feels like someone just punched me in the face. I know this is not due to allergies because I don't have allergies. This is a cold and it's worse at night and first thing in the morning. I know there's basically nothing i can take but i need some type of relief. I've been taking Tylenol at night just to help me sleep but that's all. I feel terrible. 

• i have appt. tomorrow 18 weeks and 2 days is it to early to find out gender??
  • imageM&KKubicek:

I have been having alot of shoulder pain and my doctor said no to the icy hot creams and to stay away from heating pads.  She said to stick with Tylenol and ice. 

I, too, had to give up my trustee icy hot...but my chiropractor has been very helpful.

• Did you try a body pillow???
  • I took Zofran, it was my best friend!
  • im 18 weeks now with my first baby.. I'm so excited but i havent really felt my baby kick , or maybe i'm not sure what a baby kick feels like Tongue Tied
  • I was pretty sick the first trimester and a little into the second. On the tongue dissolvable zofran worked great. Swallowed pills weren't in my system long enough before I threw up. 
  • I've had terrible back pain since around 13 weeks or so. I'm now 18 weeks 4 days and my doctor said the icy hot patches are completely fine. I've been using them, but find that stretching my back and legs a lot throughout the day help more. 

• I'm still down 8 lbs, haven't gained a pound, haven't barfed once!

I'm exhausted like the 1st trimester still, it's crippling.

Having trouble sleeping in the last few days, shortness of breath, and weird dreams.

I bought the Sealy Sweet Pea 2 in 1 sleeping pillow and breast feeling pillow off of ebay and it's great, I highly recco it.

Find out gender in 11 days, can't wait!

Need to get to acupuncture so I can relax. So much going on.  

• yes lilali2stripes, i realized my hips are sore also! when i get up at night to go to the bathroom they feel as if they are bruised maybe from sleeping on our sides.... i think the only thing that will help is everytime u wake to rotate sides. that has helped me a little and when i woke up i didnt have a sore hip anymore?
  • I can't help but feel so much depression and anxiety. Although if you were to look at my life, everything is fine. I have a loving and supportive fiancee, and a loving family and there is just such a down feeling around me.

I feel as if I am the only one going through this. I requested medication from my dr. today and feel so guilty to be taking it like I have let all of those around me and this little one down.

• You are not letting anyone down! You're taking care of yourself which is so important to be able to take care of others. It can be hard to tolerate feeling down especially when everyone thinks you should be happy. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • I haven't felt the baby move around yet. When am I suppose to be feeling it and what does it feel like?
  • I'm 18 weeks today based on the first day of my last period but 18w1d according to the doctor.

I had my A/S yesterday and found out we're team blue, which doesn't come as a surprise. There have been no girls born to his family in about 60 years. It's like they have a "No Girls Allowed" sign on their tree house.

I too am having trouble sleeping without waking up to back pain. I use a body pillow and still tuck the other pillows around me but every morning is the same. Been told I should get a bobby pillow to help so might look into that soon. 

• hello i am almost 18 weeks pregnant. and i am still vomiting and i feel fluttering in my stomach along with pain. is that normal?

Surprise 

• I have the same symptom...the dr said its due to blood pressure..
  • It is safe to take sudafed in the 2nd trimester...  but they say regular strength.  All my pharmacy had was extra strength 24 hr so my Dr and Pharmacist said it was ok but to make sure to only take every 24 hrs and not more.  It seems to help a little bit.  I still have the sinus pressure and runny/stuffy nose which I think is just part of my pregnancy since I've been on antibiotics for a sinus infection and it didn't help either! 
  • Almost 19 wks and still with morning sickness:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same over here the saliva won't stop, I hate it. Funny thing this is my second pregnancy and it is not anything like the first which I did not have any symptoms whatsoever.

I'll pray for us that this goes away some time soon. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Same thing happened to me! I put hydrocortisone on it throughout the day and when I get out of the shower..that seemed to help
  • I had my first morning with sinus pressure. I don't want this to last.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Put a pillow between your legs and one under your belly while laying on your left side. That usually does the trick : good luck!
  • I just reached 18 weeks yesterday!! So excited!! I'm only experiencing minor shortness of breath, all I have to do is sit down and focus on my breathing for a minute or two and I'm ok. The baby is VERY active when I wake up and whenever I've been sitting down for a good while. I don't think he/she likes me sitting still lol I find out the gender in two weeks!! Yayyy!!
  • Hey everybody.

I'm 18 weeks today and have been experiencing shortness of breath and what feels like a racing heartbeat/heart palpitations. It mostly happens lying in bed. This restlessness feels like I drank 6 cups of coffee. It's a very anxious feeling. I'll be calling my dr on Monday about it, but in the meantime, have any of you ladies experienced this? I read it may be due to anemia or lack of iron/folic acid? How would I fix his and make this feeling to away
  • Hello and congrats to all you new mommies to be' this is my first time posting I'm due nov 29 which is my first born sons 20th bday : yes I will have a 20 and new born.. Oh btw IT'S A GIRL so I will have a boy and a girl now so excited reason for timing gap was due to just not being able to conceive and by the blessing if God our girl was finally sent :
  • You are not alone!  My poor hubby hasn't gotten any sleep due to my tossing and turning and complaints of hip pain.  Just like the others have suggested, try a pillow between the legs.  
  • I couldn't find anywhere on that site where it tells  me how much they cost, I've seen them in stores around $70 so $40 sounds great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"