Hawaii Babies
Options

Help: Fever but no other symptoms?

We went to the dr today and they couldn't figure out what it was yet so we're supposed to go back tomorrow. It's been 2.5 days at a constant 102 fever and at this point we're told it could be roseola (but he has no rash...yet) or UTI or something else. He got stitches taken out about 1.5wks ago and it looks like it's healing well so they don't think it's that. Odd. I just never saw anything like this before and the fact that we don't know what it is scares me more. Btw, he hasn't had any vaccinations since over 2 months ago so we know it's not a reaction to that. Anyone else's LO gone through something like this before? TIA!
Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies

Re: Help: Fever but no other symptoms?

• Options

I have zero medical training so no real advice (my mind jumped to infection of some sort but really I have no clue), but I think since the fever is so persistent that it's good that you're going back tomorrow to get it checked out some more. Can you give him any baby Tylenol to help in the meantime?

I hope he gets better soon!

• Options
    Thanks! Yeah I thought infection too. All they ruled out today was ear infection and they said his lungs were totally clear too. Yeah, we've been giving him tylenol for his fussyness but it doesn't really lower his temperature over time. I just hope we find out what's going on soon. I'm so worried.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did they tell you to alternate Tylenol & motrin? Kaya had a high fever a couple months ago for a couple days with no other symptoms. Of course, after I took her to the doctor it went away. They ruled out ear infection & uti so we still have no idea what it was. But that was the first I heard of alternating Tylenol & motrin. Hope B feels better soon!
  • Options

here is what DH said "fever means it's likely viral, could be beginning of Kawasaki's... but you cannot diagnose that til 5 days of high fever. honestly, 2.5 days of fever doesn't get my pants in a wad....I need to see other stuff to get worried"

HTH :)

• Options
    Thanks for the input ladies! Yeah we haven't tried Motrin yet even but maybe we'll give that a shot. His temperature went down to 100.8 today but it still hasn't gone away. Dr saw him again today and we're getting a urine sample in...and we're just gonna wait to see if he actually breaks out with a rash (roseola) or something by the end of the week. Hopefully his fever just goes away...
  • Options
    Ashton had a fever for a week (pretty high) and it was a virus. He was vomiting for a day, but then after that he was just not himself with a high fever. He never had a rash. They did urine, stool and a throat culture.  After the 5th day of fever I took him back and they did blood work.  Turns out just to be a really bad virus.  I hope he gets better soon. I know it's so scary when our babies are sick and we don't know what is wrong.
  • Options

how is B doing? 

my friend's 1 yo son finally got over a fever where they never figured out what was wrong.  here's the summary of it from her blog - 

• number of days with fever over 101: 14
    • number of visits to the pediatrician: 5
    • number of hours spent at the ER: 3.5
    • number of doctors seen: 4
    • number of failed urine test attempts: 4
    • number of blood tests: 2

!!  but at least he's fine now. 

i hope B's fever has gone down even more by now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"