December 2011 Moms
Options

how did you let family know gender of baby?

We are trying to think of creative ways to let our family know what we are having...we find out on aug. 8.  They all live out of town so we wanted to do something creative.  any suggestions?

Re: how did you let family know gender of baby?

• Options
    We called them on the phone, and told them.  Exciting, I know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto PP. We called them and said "Everything is healthy and we're having a little boy."

My brother got a text because he was at a rock concert and couldn't answer. It was NBD. 

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Last year I sent my mom pink roses with the saying "sugar and spice and everything nice."  This year I sent her a pizza that said boy in pepperoni.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We called our parents and siblings.  Close friends got a text message.  Word will get around to everyone else.

• Options
    imagelaurenmbride:
    We called them on the phone, and told them.  Exciting, I know!

Yes Us too, Called and Texted..
  • Options
    we called our parents and texted our close friends.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    We'll just call.

• Options

my dad was at the ultrasound with us when we found out. He called my mom as soon as we left the room. My husband texted his parents and sister. 

Best response: His sister "Did you guys have an ultrasound or something?" (She's almost 30 and has a 4 year old)

My husband responded with "No I reached up there and felt for myself" Gross, I know, but she deserved a stupid answer for her stupid question... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mass text message "she's prefect" and it was done.  Last year when DD was born there was a lot of drama about who got called first so this was our best bet.  We live 3000 miles from "home" so there weren't many other options.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options
    Sent immediate family a pic of DD holding a "little brother" onesie. Titled the e-mail "What DD is getting for Christmas ..."

• Options
    call immediate family, text friends, FB for acquaintances. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    We called immediate family and friends who are basically family, or at least some of them.  The rest we told on FB, DH painted my belly with her name in purple vines with pink flowers coming off of the letters, below that we put my hand prints, one hot pink the other light pink, in the shape of a heart around my belly button- took a pick and posted it on FB.  We kept just about everyone guessing even most of our family.
  • Options
    They have scratch off's that you can use to reveal the gender. Just google it.
  • Options

they knew we had a Dr's appt that day, so they asked if we found out. We said we'll know for sure August 4th but he's guessing girl.

On Thursday we'll probably just text them and make it a status on FB. We're informal.

• Options
    Both my family and myself will not find out until the baby shower with dessert.  DH will be the only one to know early.  Thankfully, he only has to keep it to himself for three additional weeks.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"