Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Beach trip tips?

LO's first beach trip is this upcoming weekend! Any suggestions on what to bring to make it easy as possible besides the obvious sunscreen, hat, umbrella - any other tips???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beach trip tips?

• Options

BABY POWDER!!

If baby gets sand on her, you can put baby powder on and it comes right off.  Best Trick ever! have fun! We went for the first time yesterday, baby seemed to really enjoy the sound of the waves.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We just got back from the beach. We brought the PNP, bumbo seat, bottles, formula, 2 bath towels, baby wash cloths, bath wash/lotion (we did baths in the kitchen sink), diapers (regular and swim), wipes, burp cloths, bibs, California Baby sunblock, bathing suit, hat, shaded float, and her clothes. We also have a beach tent from OneStepAhead that she hung out and slept in out on the beach.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSeasideBride06:

We just got back from the beach. We brought the PNP, bumbo seat, bottles, formula, 2 bath towels, baby wash cloths, bath wash/lotion (we did baths in the kitchen sink), diapers (regular and swim), wipes, burp cloths, bibs, California Baby sunblock, bathing suit, hat, shaded float, and her clothes. We also have a beach tent from OneStepAhead that she hung out and slept in out on the beach.

Wow now that is prepared. I hope you had an extra set of hands to help you lol.

We have gone several times I bring the diaper bag with essentials (diapers, formula and extra change of clothes for both babes). Usually carry him down in his car set where he will snooze in the shade. Big beach blanket and some towels, sunscreen and snacks for my 3 year old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

SPRAY SUN SCREEN! (yes I was yelling it!)  I never understood the point of it, and thought "man people are lazy", but sunscreen + sand= exfoliating. So the spray kind sure was handy. 

I also made sure I was able to nurse/ feed lo more often to keep hydrated.

A spray bottle to clean sand off your hands or cool off would have been very nice to have.  

• Options
    imageJennDave+1:
    imageSeasideBride06:

Wow now that is prepared. I hope you had an extra set of hands to help you lol.

I don't carry all of that down to the beach.  That is just what we brought with us on our trip.  I live 4 hours from the beach, so when we go, it is for a few days.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Options
    We took our LO a month ago.  We brought the usual things, but the thing that was the best for us was her playmat!  You know, the type with the bars?  We hung a flannel sheet over two sides of it to keep the sand from blowing on her and as an added layer of sun protection.  I BF so I needed something to wipe off my breast before feeding her.  I know she didn't want a bunch of salt-water sandiness in her mouth!  We also had one of those big tents instead of an umbrella, and that was very helpful.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    A bouncy seat worked good for letting LO sit up & see what was going on, & she slept well in it after being lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves.  A little fan would have been nice but I couldn't find one anywhere when we were at the beach a few weeks ago...it got pretty warm under the umbrella when it was like 90+ degrees outside.  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live on Cape Cod and saddly LO HATES the beach; yet I still continue to take her!

My fav's to have at the beach are a bottle with an oz or 2 of water to suck on - she loves a little water on a hot day. The other is my my ERGO. When she is crabby and doesn't want the BOB, I put her in the ERGO and life is good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"